NBA fines Cuban $750k

DFWJC

Reaction score
So have the teams have done this, but when he does it, he's gets a 3/4 million dollar fine.
hmmm

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Basically amounts to the price of buying a lotto pick.

Take the pick and burn it.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
So have the teams have done this, but when he does it, he's gets a 3/4 million dollar fine.
hmmm
I think it was more-so Jason Kidd's stupid comments that pretty much removed all plausible deniability. Everyone knows teams tank, but what other coach has said, "I was told to sit these guys"?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
hmmm
Cuban has always rubbed the NBA honcho’s the wrong way. If it nets them a top 10 pick it will be worth it. I like Cuban but am a Spurs fan.

Hardline

Reaction score
If it weren't for Jerry.Mark Cuban would be my most hated owner.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If Mavs keep the pick it was a good buy for Cuban.
If it ends up top 4 it will be the best purchase he'll ever make.

The entire thing is just stupid.
Tanking all year is trash but tanking with 4-5 games left and playoffs beyond your own control is just common sense.
Add in very real chance to lose or keep the pick based on it being 10 versus 11 and this was obviously the route to go.
NBA cannot combat tanking but faking outrage at Dallas when the sheer number of thinking teams the last 5 years has been staggering and for multiple seasons at a time is just unchecked audacity.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cuban has always rubbed the NBA honcho’s the wrong way. If it nets them a top 10 pick it will be worth it. I like Cuban but am a Spurs fan.
Cuban is a smart guy and also an example of why owners should speak less, lol.
Rank and file cannot relate to much of anything he says.
It all comes off as condescending even if he doesn't mean it that way.

He'd better off handing his social media over to a professional and allowing Nico to speak for Mavs Mgmt.
But he is of the Jerry marketing, give them something to talk about school of business.