NBA Playoffs Suns vs Spurs

Route 66

Reaction score
I could see this going 7 games with each team taking a win on each others court in the first four.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
it all comes down to our defense. if we can guard the 3pt line consistently and limit their fast break points......we will win this series in 5-6. However, if we fail in one or both areas, this thing could go 7.

I say do like in years past. Let Amare go off and get his, but basically shut everyone else down.

GO SPURS GO

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Amare+Stoudemire+Dunks+On+Richard+Jefferson.jpg

Suns in 6!! 'Nuff said!!!!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rowdy;3382727 said:
Let the battle begin!

Rowdy my old nemesis!!!

I think this will be a very close series!

If Nash is healthy, series goes seven

if not spurs will win in 5

Route 66

Reaction score
This is awesome! Some of you are thinking the Suns can only beat the Spurs 1 time out of 5 games-including 3 of them at home?! This is gonna be fun.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Rowdy;3384508 said:
This is awesome! Some of you are thinking the Suns can only beat the Spurs 1 time out of 5 games-including 3 of them at home?! This is gonna be fun.

Rowdy ..... we go through this every year.

Maybe this is finally the Suns year ...... but if you go by history of these 2 teams the last decade, the Suns will win one or two games and they will all be very close.

Personally its just gravy for here on out to me ..... I did not think the Spurs had enough ammo to compete for another title this year because Duncan looked old earlier this year ...... but they started playing Spurs basketball again.

Route 66

Reaction score
zrinkill;3384524 said:
Rowdy ..... we go through this every year.

Maybe this is finally the Suns year ...... but if you go by history of these 2 teams the last decade, the Suns will win one or two games and they will all be very close.

Personally its just gravy for here on out to me ..... I did not think the Spurs had enough ammo to compete for another title this year because Duncan looked old earlier this year ...... but they started playing Spurs basketball again.

I agree that its been the typical 5-6. Yeah, this is a great plus for you but then again, the Spurs have always been a playoff team for quite awhile. They remind me of a "waking beast" come playoff time.

I truly believe that this Suns team is very different than before but until a few games have been played, one would have to give the nod to the Spurs beforehand.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Im just going to say this......I do not see the Suns winning in 4 or 6. I do not see them closing out the Spurs in SA. I do however feel the Spurs can win in 5, 6, or 7 games. It will most likely be in 6.

I can kind of see it going the way the Mavs series went.

1-Suns
2-Spurs
3-Spurs
4-Spurs
5-Suns
6-Spurs

but once again, in order for the Spurs to be successful.....minimize turnovers and guard the arc.

Route 66

Reaction score
Biggems;3384620 said:
Im just going to say this......I do not see the Suns winning in 4 or 6. I do not see them closing out the Spurs in SA. I do however feel the Spurs can win in 5, 6, or 7 games. It will most likely be in 6.

I can kind of see it going the way the Mavs series went.

1-Suns
2-Spurs
3-Spurs
4-Spurs
5-Suns
6-Spurs

but once again, in order for the Spurs to be successful.....minimize turnovers and guard the arc.

I don't see the Spurs winning three in a row. Not because they can't but just because I have faith in this different Suns team.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rowdy;3384755 said:
I don't see the Spurs winning three in a row. Not because they can't but just because I have faith in this different Suns team.

Well, I am glad that you disagree with me, since you are a Suns fan. We do seem to butt heads a bit....UT/OU, SA/PHX, and I am sure you arent a Pens or Astros fan either.