NBA Season 19-20 -- League Suspended -- See Coronavirus Zone forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmb1

Reaction score
Just give Lebron the Fakers the MVP and championship. What's the point of watching these pathetic games.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

gmb1

Reaction score
Damn my Mavs could've been first place in the conference. Damn you Danny Green and Dwight Howard. :p

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Celtics 3some of Hayward/Walker/Tatum has looked incredible since opening night. Hayward looks 100% back to form and Tatum has been playing at an All Star level. Brown has looked very good as well when he has been healthy

Right now the bench looks a little thin after Smart. Grant Williams has been a quality role player, but Carsen Edwards has been so so. I think we are going to have to make some moves over the course of the season to get ready for the playoffs

phildadon86

Reaction score
remember when that guy told me Siakam was nothing more than a flash in the pan and the Raptors were going to be horrible this year?

JayFord

Reaction score
Nice win by the Knicks tonight!!

i was impressed by the fight i saw after they were publicly called out

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
remember when that guy told me Siakam was nothing more than a flash in the pan and the Raptors were going to be horrible this year?
Siakam's ascendance has been shocking. Its good to see that the Raptors are going to be able to mount a real defense of there title

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is still relevant ;)
Still think they get smoked by the Clippers. Probably even swept. Talent wise I dont even think they are close enough to where the refs could make a serious shift in the outcome

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The key to the Lakers early success has been .. Dwight friggin Howard...
He is focused on all the right things and really helping them.

Lakers are as good as anyone right now.
As with any team with aging stars health will be key but DH has been a boon few saw coming.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The key to the Lakers early success has been .. Dwight friggin Howard...
He is focused on all the right things and really helping them.

Lakers are as good as anyone right now.
As with any team with aging stars health will be key but DH has been a boon few saw coming.
Buyout season is going to critical for the Lakers IMO

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
For those scoring along at home early returns suggest I was wrong about the Lakers but right about BOS and PHI.
BOS is better with fewer players and a tighter rotation.
PHI is struggling with offense at 18th in the league. Also 19th in 3PA and 19th in 3PT%.
That stat is becoming very closely tied to scoring per game.
Now most suggest as I did before the season that Philly will trade for a shooter.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Buyout season is going to critical for the Lakers IMO
Biggest things that have changed for the better:
1. LeBron spent all off-season on basketball, not albums or movies.
2. Coaching change.

Ongoing real issues:
1. Still not better than the Clips if both rosters are healthy.
2. Age and health still a concern on shallow roster.

Buy-outs will depend on who becomes available.
Lakers are playing really well because dudes are filling their roles properly.
If they keep chugging along at 80% it'd be crazy to mess with that for a buy out guy.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For those scoring along at home early returns suggest I was wrong about the Lakers but right about BOS and PHI.
BOS is better with fewer players and a tighter rotation.
PHI is struggling with offense at 18th in the league. Also 19th in 3PA and 19th in 3PT%.
That stat is becoming very closely tied to scoring per game.
Now most suggest as I did before the season that Philly will trade for a shooter.
Another thing Boston is doing this year that I was screaming about last year is giving more minutes to utility guys like Theis and Ojeleye and now Grant and Robert Williams. Last year they counted on players that considered themselves starting caliber to fill those kinds of roles

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Biggest things that have changed for the better:
1. LeBron spent all off-season on basketball, not albums or movies.
2. Coaching change.

Ongoing real issues:
1. Still not better than the Clips if both rosters are healthy.
2. Age and health still a concern on shallow roster.

Buy-outs will depend on who becomes available.
Lakers are playing really well because dudes are filling their roles properly.
If they keep chugging along at 80% it'd be crazy to mess with that for a buy out guy.
I dont know if I see that team (Davis in particular) staying healthy all year. I think once buyout season comes, adding the right contributor to the mix could be big come the seeding push and playoff time

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Another thing Boston is doing this year that I was screaming about last year is giving more minutes to utility guys like Theis and Ojeleye and now Grant and Robert Williams. Last year they counted on players that considered themselves starting caliber to fill those kinds of roles
Playing young, hungry guys in those roles versus vet guys unhappy with those roles has absolutely helped.
Having Kemba who picks his spots based on feel rather than birthright like Kyrie has been huge as well.
I'll continue trying to steal Smart in every mock trade for the next decade probably. He's the perfect guard next to Luka.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I dont know if I see that team (Davis in particular) staying healthy all year. I think once buyout season comes, adding the right contributor to the mix could be big come the seeding push and playoff time
I think this year more than most there will be many teams in the buy out market and guys' exact roles will be more important than just the biggest name.
Philly for a shooter, LAC for a vet coattail rider, HOU.
And then there are the younger teams with far larger roles like the Mavs/Suns/Hawks who could interest buy out guys by providing longer-term deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.