NBA Season 19-20 -- League Suspended -- See Coronavirus Zone forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Congrats to the Spurs tonight on beating the Mavs(109-119) and avoiding the season series sweep.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Playoffs soon. I probably won't see every game since i recently cancelled my cable sports package. Lakers need to make a serious title run this year, not sure how long this team LBJ/AD will stay together, might be a now or never deal.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Playoffs soon. I probably won't see every game since i recently cancelled my cable sports package. Lakers need to make a serious title run this year, not sure how long this team LBJ/AD will stay together, might be a now or never deal.
I think your core has a solid 3 year run in them. After that it depends on who can pair Davis with

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I think your core has a solid 3 year run in them. After that it depends on who can pair Davis with
"After that" if Davis resigns with LA they will still have to hope he can play past all the injuries that happen between now and then. Great player, lots of contact with the floor due to the pace he plays at.

Last i checked/understood, AD is on a one year deal. Is there some kind of auto option for LA bringing AD back or is a new deal needed for AD's return to LA next season?

If i am running the Lakers i am thinking title right now, next year might be ugly.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"After that" if Davis resigns with LA they will still have to hope he can play past all the injuries that happen between now and then. Great player, lots of contact with the floor due to the pace he plays at.

Last i checked/understood, AD is on a one year deal. Is there some kind of auto option for LA bringing AD back or is a new deal needed for AD's return to LA next season?

If i am running the Lakers i am thinking title right now, next year might be ugly.
Davis most likely resigns with LA

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
NBA season is now suspended indefinitely after the conclusion of tonight's games due to coronavirus.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Welp, we get to see what the U.S. does without sports. Wonder what modifications the suspension may cause for 2020-2021 season.

Also, this situation escalated quickly.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Rudy Gobert apparently has coronavirus
As close as these teammates are in professional sports, when one guy gets sick, it goes through the whole team pretty fast. It's a good idea to just pause the league for two weeks to be safe. I'm sure this season will restart before the month is over.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
Rudy Gobert apparently has coronavirus
Two days ago he thought coronavirus precautions were a joke. At the end of his press conference he purposely touched every microphone and recorder. He single-handedly killed sports in North America for the foreseeable future.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Two days ago he thought coronavirus precautions were a joke. At the end of his press conference he purposely touched every microphone and recorder. He single-handedly killed sports in North America for the foreseeable future.

Did he really? What a tool. He should be banned just for being a complete scumbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.