News: NBC: Bennett Hits Practice Field for 1st Time as a Cowboy

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bennett Hits Practice Field for 1st Time as a Cowboy

Michael-Bennett-Getty-102919.jpg

Michael Bennett hit the practice field for the first time with the Cowboys on Tuesday. The recently acquired defensive end is working to get up to speed after the Dallas acquired him in a trade with New...

Read Full Story

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Ah, to be a fly on the wall during the meeting between
Jerry and Micheal with Jerry explaining how things are done
with the Cowboys.
“Uhhh now Michael, Can I call you Mike? I would like for you to wear a bigger shoulder pad so you can play better. If ya don’t mind, I found my old shoulder pads that I wore in Arkansas which I had bronzed for my wife. I had Jason put them in your locker for the game this week. Thanks for being a dDallas Cowboy and make me proud.”

RoboQB

Reaction score
“Uhhh now Michael, Can I call you Mike? I would like for you to wear a bigger shoulder pad so you can play better. If ya don’t mind, I found my old shoulder pads that I wore in Arkansas which I had bronzed for my wife. I had Jason put them in your locker for the game this week. Thanks for being a dDallas Cowboy and make me proud.”

I was referring to the last three lines of the article but if
Bennett shows up on Monday night with adult-sized shoulder pads,
I will definitely remember your post... lol

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
The Patriots gave up on you MB, they traded you for peanuts. That has to hurt, the disrespect of it all. Here's your chance to show that the great Belichick isn't perfect. Play with a chip and wreak havoc, show the Patriots and the world you are not done.:flagwave:

There's a good chance that Rod will give you a silly nickname but don't let it get to you:)

FanSince71

Reaction score
adult-sized shoulder pads

LOL No kidding.

I don’t know how he doesn’t have constant shoulder problems suffering so many violent collisions with those things. Not only are they small, but it doesn’t even look like they fit. Pad technology has obviously come a LONG way.

tunahelper

Reaction score

You forgot Jerry made Garrett wear the bronze pads to the meeting and he stood there modeling them quietly. :)

CCBoy

Reaction score
Mr. Bennett...meet the 'big blue' Joneses....and introduce him to his own playing field.:thumbup:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am especially surly these days about Dallas but I firmly believe that Bennett is going to be problem. Guy is a malcontent that isn't good enough to be a jerk. They are going to get steamrolled by the Pats so he will feel the sting early. I bet he starts in with his National Anthem stuff - they won't let him sit but he stays in the locker room. That is going to set some people off. Who knows with Witten. There will be a few tweets.

I know lots of smart guys like the move but I don't see it working out. Let's see...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't care about his pads I care about him creating problems for offense, penetrating the back field and helping put pressure on the QB. With DLaw and Quinn along with Bennett working DE/DT Cowboys should be able to keep guys fresh without losing a beat on the defensive front.

aria

Reaction score
Can’t wait to se the title “Bennett hits practice field for last time as a Cowboy”.

There’s also a good chance he’ll be hitting something or someone else other than the practice field in the near future.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Patriots gave up on you MB, they traded you for peanuts. That has to hurt, the disrespect of it all. Here's your chance to show that the great Belichick isn't perfect. Play with a chip and wreak havoc, show the Patriots and the world you are not done.:flagwave:

There's a good chance that Rod will give you a silly nickname but don't let it get to you:)
...and Tom Brady told all his wife's friends you're not very well endowed."

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Can’t wait to se the title “Bennett hits practice field for last time as a Cowboy”.

There’s also a good chance he’ll be hitting something or someone else other than the practice field in the near future.

go stand next to him and let’s test the theory