News: NBC: Former Cowboys Running Back Marion Barber III Arrested

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And yet so many do just fine afterward without these issues. Your argument is flawed a little. :)

And your opinion is not flawed? These issues do not plague ex-NFL players disproportionally? You might want to get a memo to the NFLPA and and league office to announce your findings.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I noticed all the of the new stories say former Cowboy...and don't mention Bears at all even though that was his final team.

You know any affiliation with Dallas, means headlines. They do that with everyone that has played in Dallas. If Beasley gets in trouble today, the headlines would read, "Former Dallas receiver...

CoachD

Reaction score
Oh boy the "well this person also had concussions" argument. That simply is not how logic works. An increased risk of CTE doesn't mean that if you had a lot of concussions, you automatically get CTE.

No you don't but a ton of blows to the head dramatically increases your chances!

InTheZone

Reaction score
Face looks completely different than when he was a tad younger, probably would've never recognized him in public.

Hope he gets better and doesn't put himself or others in harms way.

Vandyr

Reaction score
I don't watch boxing, but some sort of brain trauma like CTE could be behind a guy like Mike Tyson biting another man's ear off.

Barber's erratic behavior is a classic symptom.

Or it could be the fact that Tyson had anger and control issues his entire life. All I'm saying is that boxers take truckloads more head trauma than any NFL player, but CTE doesn't seem to be the scapegoat thrown around every time one of them does something stupid.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Having any sort of concussion is going to exacerbate whatever conditions exist. If you are prone to depression or have trouble concentrating, any brain injury can make that much worse

I understand, it's compounded and effects are likewise but, there is no direct correlation that I can see, in this situation. We are assuming its CTE but there is nothing to actually confirm that it is. It's a circular argument, so to speak.

Do you not agree with this observation?