NCAA 2005 players - I need some tips.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
I am going to a friends tonite to battle him in NCAA 2005. I have a pretty good record against this guy, but he owns the game, I don't.

There is a wager on the line and I really want to win. . .

Do any of you have any tips?

Kick off is at 9:00 CST in Taylor Texas. . .

I need anything that can give me the edge.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I am going to a friends tonite to battle him in NCAA 2005. I have a pretty good record against this guy, but he owns the game, I don't.

There is a wager on the line and I really want to win. . .

Do any of you have any tips?

Kick off is at 9:00 CST in Taylor Texas. . .

I need anything that can give me the edge.

I would say cheat codes off the top of my head but NCAA 2005 doesn't have any.

What team are you using?

Avery

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I'll use LSU. . .

Hmmm, that's tough. LSU is decent but if he's anything like my prick friends, they'll use a top five team like N.C., Duke, etc.

Just feed Brandon Bass and let him do his thing. He's probably the highest rated player they have.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Avery said:
Hmmm, that's tough. LSU is decent but if he's anything like my prick friends, they'll use a top five team like N.C., Duke, etc.

Just feed Brandon Bass and let him do his thing. He's probably the highest rated player they have.

LSU is ranked #3. . .this is 2005.

But yes, he uses top ranked teams and then when I beat him, he wants to use the All-time teams (to make it fair).

We alternate home field advantage. . .I just need some strategy tips. . .like I don't know how to use the match-up stick. . .what's that all about?

You're thinking of basketball, eh?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
If you are playing as LSU, make sure not to be one dimensional on offense. Passing is a beast on this game, but nothing like Madden. Come to think of it, the offensive system is very different.....

I would suggest a healthy running attack with PA passing.....

Defensively you should be set with that team.....

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
If you are playing as LSU, make sure not to be one dimensional on offense. Passing is a beast on this game, but nothing like Madden. Come to think of it, the offensive system is very different.....

I would suggest a healthy running attack with PA passing.....

Defensively you should be set with that team.....

PA is out the window. . . he blitzes from everywhere on every play. I don't have time to pull the play action. I do love how realistic the PA on the game is though.

HipHop

Benched
Reaction score
Seriously though..... what I used to do when I played was find out your fasted receiver.

Find a play where he runs a fly route.

Snap the ball and only move the QB back about 2 yards.

Count in your head (One mississippi, two mississippi) and tap the throw button.

It works most times, especially in single coverage.

Duane

Reaction score
If he likes to blitz you can do a couple of things. First you can go max protect, run it down his throat and dump off to the TE. Or, you could go totally opposite and play 4-5 WR sets and get them to run the quick slants.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
PA is out the window. . . he blitzes from everywhere on every play. I don't have time to pull the play action. I do love how realistic the PA on the game is though.

In that case, dump offs to TE are your thing, quick slants, etc.

If he does that, burn him on the blitz several times with your QB, get him to back off, run a few times (even if you don't gain), and wait for the perfect time to PA.

DO NOT TAKE A SACK. THAT ONLY ENCOURAGES BLITZERS (I know, I am one. :D )

Avery

Reaction score
Sorry, I thought you were referring to NCAA March Madness 2005.

What was the final score?

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
JokerJokerDeuce said:
Up down up down left right left right A B A B Select Start.

That might be the most well known video game cheat code in history (at least in that 23-30 year old range)

Avery

Reaction score
junk said:
That might be the most well known video game cheat code in history (at least in that 23-30 year old range)

That game became easy if you have the cheat.

Anyone ever finish it by not cheating? I did it once I think with a friend.

Nothing pisses you off in that game more then when your partner kills you on the vertical and scrolling levels because he's moving too fast/too slow.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Avery said:
Sorry, I thought you were referring to NCAA March Madness 2005.

What was the final score?

I won 4 out of 5 games. I actually used the PA out of the act formation and it worked. I ran and ran and ran the ball up his wazoo.