NCAA Championship Game-Mich/Wash

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the Patriots draft McCarthy....thinking they are getting Brady all over again.
I absolutely would consider J.J. McCarthy, especially after round 2. Wouldn't mind McCarthy Sr. making a case to draft this guy. Something about him -- I think he's going to be sneaky good in the pros, especially in the right system. Could you imagine him in SF? Okay, let's not. Wouldn't mind seeing him in Big D.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I absolutely would consider J.J. McCarthy, especially after round 2. Wouldn't mind McCarthy Sr. making a case to draft this guy. Something about him -- I think he's going to be sneaky good in the pros, especially in the right system. Could you imagine him in SF? Okay, let's not. Wouldn't mind seeing him in Big D.
He sucks....has absolutely no arm strength.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Kudos to Michigan. They were rock solid all year and never got knocked off their feet with the video scandal.

True undefeated Champs.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He's another Bailey Zappe. I would pass.
I'd lean more to the Pats other guy, national champ Mac Jones.
McCarthy has a small handful of very questionable throws across the 2 CFP games he got away with.
He has plenty of IQ, drive and maturity but he is just shy of an NFL arm and it is a tough way to make a living in the NFL.
NFL style offense they had at Michigan helped prepare him but it might also be a very real ceiling.

With Mac, the Pats can be very dink and dump then he gets antsy and turns it over when he opens it up.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I had no rooting interest last night but felt the Michigan o-line was holding all night long. Held big time on both long TD runs, for example.
The secondary got a way with a lot too.

But they did seem to be the better team. The defense is nasty.

Congrats