NCAA DIV 1 football playoffs!!!

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
what the heck is taking so long for them to realize that it is needed.
does anybody remember or care who won the freakin gator bowl or the holiday bowl?? no because no one cares. i know its all about the money. if you really look at the system it is very sad to know the championship is not really decided on the field if only 2 teams are picked to play. my venting is over!

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
I feel your pain (As I'm sure many college fans do), but the sad fact is this won't happen for a while mainly due:

1) The BCS is a scam, created by the major conferences to control the large bowl revenue (Why share when you can keep all the loot to yourselves, you'll notice a 5th BCS game had to be added when Congress threatened to get involved).
2) As Tubberville mentioned this week (On Dan Patrick show), only about 20 teams have a legitimate shot at the National championship (Assume about 30-35 have a shot at BCS games). Considering there's 119 Division I teams out there about 84-89 teams have no shot at the big money, therefore their chances for $$$ will be at the lower end bowls. So what's their motivation to lose their small $$$ so that 16 teams can play each other?

I'm all for a playoff, makes more sense than the NCAA adding a 12th game this year, refusing a playoff because they care about the kid's health my butt!