NCAA FB Expanded Playoff…

LovinItAll

Reaction score
…is desperately needed. I know 12 will probably be the number, but I sure wish it was 16.

I’m a Memphis Tiger, so I have no love for the Bearcats. Still, they’re going to get jobbed and there’s nothing they can do about it. Is it likely they could be competitive with Bama, UGA, M/State, or Oregon? Probably not, but you can’t tell those Cincy kids that.

Gotta get this fixed.

DFWJC

Reaction score
…is desperately needed. I know 12 will probably be the number, but I sure wish it was 16.

I’m a Memphis Tiger, so I have no love for the Bearcats. Still, they’re going to get jobbed and there’s nothing they can do about it. Is it likely they could be competitive with Bama, UGA, M/State, or Oregon? Probably not, but you can’t tell those Cincy kids that.

Gotta get this fixed.
Yes
We badly need an expanded playoff
I do think they need to reduced the regular season back to 11 games (12 if conf champ game)

I also think Cincy could for sure compete and maybe beat Mich St and Oregon.

they comfortably beat #8 Notre Dame already

terra

Reaction score
Sure just make the regular season meaningless pretty much like it is in the NBA and NHL.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They need to disband the committee, rid us of the "Helmet School Championships brought to you by our sponsor, Money" era of NCAA football.

Champions of the P5 conferences, Top 2 ranked G of 5 teams, next 5 highest ranked AP/Coaches poll average.

12 teams. Ranked by FPI (computer).

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Sure just make the regular season meaningless pretty much like it is in the NBA and NHL.
Regular season already is meaningless.
Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, OU all get a 1 game head start on the CFP.

Bama has faced 2 CURRENT top 25 teams. They split those matchups.... lost to 13 and beat 15 but they are ranked 2nd overall.
LOL.

terra

Reaction score
Regular season already is meaningless.
Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, OU all get a 1 game head start on the CFP.

Bama has faced 2 CURRENT top 25 teams. They split those matchups.... lost to 13 and beat 15 but they are ranked 2nd overall.
LOL.
Alabama does get special treatment no argument. But that is less than sufficient evidence for this particular rant of illogic.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Bull. The regular season already IS meaningless for 125 teams. Going to 12 means more meaningful games, not fewer.

Plus if conference champs get automatic passes, it encourages better OOC games because you can lose an OOC game and not have it end your season

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Gotta get this fixed.

Wholeheartedly agree. 16 would be great! Use the bowl games or that.

ghst187

Reaction score
Conference alignment would help immensely.
Five super conferences, everyone is in one no independents, regionally allocated…all conf champs in…plus 3 at large…playoff of 8. Regular season matters, 8 team playoff only requires three weeks.

EST_1986

Reaction score
theres so many meaningless games in college football already, expanding the playoffs would make the product better. Seeing matchups with top ranked teams.