NCAA game changing rule

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NCAA players no longer have to sit out a year to transfer. Thats going to have a huge impact on football and might help redistribute the talent around college football a little better. Alabama, OSU, and LSU have enough talent stockpiled to field 2 competitive teams. Now these guys can move around at will rather than play behind an upper classman for a few years. Didn't win the QB competition? Just move on without penalty now.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is an extremely good rule.
It allows kids to see how they fit on a team and campus and move on if they don't like it.
And the larger transfer portal makes the sport more newsworthy year round.
Like off-season in major sports this is ultimately a net positive for interest and financials.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Used to love college sports. Now I just say drug them up, pay them, and let them give each other CTE for our entertainment.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like any rule favoring the kids and not the "good ole boys" of the NCAA.

The NCAA doesn't care. The money is the same if player X played for UCLA or Miami. This will impact college coaches more than anyone. It gives players leverage. Take Justin Fields as a perfect example. He was lied to by UGA coaches and told he would be given a real chance to compete against an entrenched starting QB. If he hadn't got the NCAA waiver, it would have been a lot harder for him to take a year off and transfer. He would have been stuck at UGA with the coaches who lied to him. My expectation is that this new rule with result in mass defections every year from top programs.