NCAA Tournament Pick' Em

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I'm in biatches! Ready to take your money, just like I took it in the NFL survivor pool you did Jacs.

By the way, how come none of y'all have sent me your money yet???

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Danny White said:
By the way, how come none of y'all have sent me your money yet???

i sent mine and it should arrive sometime next year.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Bow down before me! :bow:

This is just the beginning of the pain!

:chop: :shoot3: :whip: :chainsaw: :shoot2:

k19

Reaction score
Stupid Job.

I cant get onto yahoo fantasy from work or I would have been in as well :banghead:

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Danny White said:
For an Oklahoma fan, you just love rooting against them, don't you?

Dude, I'm not a HOMER. That's just not me bro.

I'm not like you. You like to think with your heart; I like to think with my head.

I'm not going to pick OU to go to the Final Four if I think they are going to lose in the second round.

Here is a little lesson for you; Not all fans are homers. Some of us like to be objective about our own teams. Yes, I would like OU to win but I just didn't think they would get very far this year. That doesn't mean I pick them to go to the Final Four.

And considering, Oklahoma lost to Utah as I predicted, I can assure you I didn't pick Utah because I have this conspiracy against OU like you believe.

I know how Kelvin Sampson coaches. OU has traditionally had trouble with slow half court teams in the NCAA tournament. They have struggled in the past with teams that like to pass and be patient when finding the open man. OU has much more success in the open court with teams that like to match up with them physically and run. That's not Utah's style which is why I knew they would beat OU.

Did this make sense this time or will I have to rehash all of this again next fall?

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
DannyWhite

Nevermind bro, you also picked Gonzaga to go to the Final Four so you are not a blind homer, you are just blind. :D

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
DannyWhite

Nevermind bro, you also picked Gonzaga to go to the Final Four so you are not a blind homer, you are just blind. :D

Actually, Gonzaga is my dad's alma mater and I have many relatives from Spokane, so that was a blind pick as well. :D

Belive it or not, I'm not a blind OU fan. I'm from Oregon and I married into an OU family... so among them, I'm actually the rational one. I don't think that every call goes against them, or that they'll win every game.

That said, when I do think they have a fighting chance to win a game, I'd pick them every time because that's where my heart and emotion will be. I don't see the sense in picking against them in a winnable game. Where's the joy in being a fan in that?

Obviously you were right and I was wrong... but as a fan, I can't say I would have had any joy if I had picked Utah and been right.

From my perspective, part of being a fan is having some blinders on when it comes to your team.

Don't take it personal, I was just giving you a hard time. And I figured you'd reciprocate. As soon as the score got to 13-2, I said to myself "Damn, I'm going to catch hell from mr. jameswoods now. :D

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Actually, Gonzaga is my dad's alma mater and I have many relatives from Spokane, so that was a blind pick as well. :D

Belive it or not, I'm not a blind OU fan. I'm from Oregon and I married into an OU family... so among them, I'm actually the rational one. I don't think that every call goes against them, or that they'll win every game.

That said, when I do think they have a fighting chance to win a game, I'd pick them every time because that's where my heart and emotion will be. I don't see the sense in picking against them in a winnable game. Where's the joy in being a fan in that?

Obviously you were right and I was wrong... but as a fan, I can't say I would have had any joy if I had picked Utah and been right.

From my perspective, part of being a fan is having some blinders on when it comes to your team.

Don't take it personal, I was just giving you a hard time. And I figured you'd reciprocate. As soon as the score got to 13-2, I said to myself "Damn, I'm going to catch hell from mr. jameswoods now. :D

No, I didn't take it personally. I know you are a good OU fan and maybe even a better one than me. And I knew you would give me hell for picking Utah over them. :D I have just had my heart broken picking OU in the past. Remember the loss to Manhattan, Providence etc.

I'm not a big fan of Kelvin Sampson. He can't coach a half court offense to save his life. We are so poor fundamentaly when it comes to passing and finding the open man. Our offense looks so erratic at times. Sampson is a great defensive minded coach which is why OU is always competitive but rarely can they really defeat great non-conference teams. We often beat Kansas and OSU once a year which always raises our rankings but in the tournament, I know OU and Sampson struggle against the more cerebral teams like Utah or even a team like Gonzaga. Give Sampson credit for taking them to the Final Four but I think he was really lucky that year because he actually had a lot of talent on that team. I blame Sampson for OU not recruiting better because he is such a hard *** coach and players generally don't like playing for a guy that treats basketball like it is boot camp. Some players like it, thus Sampson has managed to get a couple of great players like Lavendar and Bookout but in general, Sampson can't field a very deep squad like OSU.

Yeah, I see your point. I'm in another pool competing against a bunch of U of A fans. They are all picking U of A to go to the Final Four or the Final Eight. But we have money in that pool and my mercenary *** is picking to win. :D

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
jacs said:
i had Utah beat OU too.

Utah is VERY under-rated... them beating OU was no surprise to me... as they would have in football last year too... :D

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Well james, you seem to be in the driver's seat as far as I can tell.

But if North Carolina can pull their heads out, I still like my chances.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Danny White said:
Well james, you seem to be in the driver's seat as far as I can tell.

But if North Carolina can pull their heads out, I still like my chances.

I'll tell you one thing... I realize that Roy Williams doesn't have his players in place yet for his system... but they better bring more than they have showed thus far if they expect to beat a Tom Izzo team...

They have had an easy road thus far via upsets... and they have WAY more talent than any of the other teams... MSU will eat them alive if they play as they did this weekend...

Should be fun to watch...

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I'll tell you one thing... I realize that Roy Williams doesn't have his players in place yet for his system... but they better bring more than they have showed thus far if they expect to beat a Tom Izzo team...

They have had an easy road thus far via upsets... and they have WAY more talent than any of the other teams... MSU will eat them alive if they play as they did this weekend...

Should be fun to watch...

i hope Roy stops playing zone because that is not for this team but the game will be play at UNC tempo so it will be a great fast pace game.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
It is as it should be...

Danny White
vs.
mr. jameswoods

Let's get ready to ruuuummmmble! :fight:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
DannyWhite

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while, eh? :D

Thanks for playing, y'all... :moon: