NDSU QB Trey Lance

Beaker42

Reaction score
Yes please. Kid looks good and is a beast running the rock.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Since he beat JMU, Dinucci could back him up after DAL drafts him next year...nothing wrong with dreaming.

Flamma

Reaction score
I just heard someone talk about this guy. Said he has a very nice deep ball and is probably an NFL QB. His criticism was that he plays on a stacked team compared to his competition and pretty much never throws in tight windows. He's often late on his passes and that's playing against second rate college defenses. I did notice a few late passes to his TE in that video. I really don't know what to think of him.

Reaction score
I came here to post about the same player. His stats are insane. He reminds of Dak a lot and if things go south could be the perfect replacement.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Dude is is kinda ridiculous look at the video

Size 6"3 220

Redshirt freshman led team to 16-0 and won championship

2700 yds passing 28 Tds 0 ints

1100 Yds rushing 14 Tda

I will be keeping an eye on him if they should continue college football. I watched tape of our newly drafted QB who was playing him and I came away impressed.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Had an amazing Freshman season and if he continues to improve, he'll be a lock for first rounder. A QB that makes very few mental mistakes while also being a dual threat, I'm not sure we'll have a chance to grab him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Highlight videos are terrible for evaluating QBs.

You have to watch the full games and see these guys making all of the short and intermediate throws.

The deep ball is one of the more easier throws to make in football.

What I can take from this is a couple of things..

1. He’s obviously got the athletic ability to do exactly what you want from a modern day QB. You have to be a legit dual threat.

2. He’s playing under center in college and that is a huge bonus for him.

I would have to dive into his games to get a better evaluation.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So after watching a few of Lances games a few negatives stick out for me.

1. His mechanics need a lot of work.

His footwork is a mess at times. He needs to get better at getting his feet set and quit wasting motion.

2. Sometimes he throws the ball like a baseball player. He has long wind up release. On his shorter throws like the hitch route he will release it quicker but he needs to work on that.

3. He likes to pat the ball before he throws it. More wasted motion.

I need to watch more of course but the guy is obviously going to be a 1st rounder but he needs to show a lot of improvements in his mechanics this year at NDSU or his rookie year is going to be rough in the NFL.

But..

These are the types of players you want to draft. Mobile guys that have big arms and can make plays outside of the scheme when the play breaks down.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Oh, so I’m not the only one scoping out what happens if we go the Dalton route and just maybe get something in return for Dak? Oh man, I had to stop myself but I’m liking a lot of these upcoming QBs. They would look good in a Cowboy uniform. Lol

fivetwos

Reaction score
Probably a top 3 pick in 2022.

He is really unheard of due to Wentz.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You guys are overreacting I think this guy is going top 5. Never say never, but that would be pretty shocking.
Like I said, he's got as much Kellen Moore in him as he does Wentz....
He is young though and could grow.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
He reminds me of when I first noticed Jordan Love against a very experienced Michigan State defense in the 2018 opener.

Like Love, this kid is doing a lot without a ton of (future) NFL help.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You guys are overreacting I think this guy is going top 5. Never say never, but that would be pretty shocking.
Like I said, he's got as much Kellen Moore in him as he does Wentz....
He is young though and could grow.

He has physical traits though that every team is looking for out of modern day QB's.

I see no Kellen Moore in his game at all really.

He just needs a QB guru to clean up his mechanics more than anything from what I see.

I see him needing a year on the bench before he starts based on the games I watched from him last season.

There is a lot to build on but a lot of work to do for him and he is not nearly as sharp as Wentz was in college.

Wentz looked very pro ready to me in college and the only thing anyone could question about him was his competition.

Goff was considered more Pro ready by the experts but looking back on that is laughable now.

I was very Wentz > Goff in that draft.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Just got done watching with him. I have no idea what to think about him. He could be an all-pro. He could be a bust. He's got all the tools, but he outclasses every opponent he faces. He doesn't have to force passes because everything is open for him. Sometimes he throws less than 20 times a game; I've watched a game of his where he only had to throw the ball 9 times.