Near Death Experience

David Star

Star of David
Reaction score
Yesterday my brother Mike, while attempting to board a city bus was shut out by the bus driver who then accelerated away from the bus stop before he had a chance to step away, knocking him and causing him to slip under the rear double wheels that support the engine.

Both ankles crushed, both hips fractured, chunks of flesh ripped from his lower legs.

Golf ball sized pieces of flesh were lost so the surgeons could not graft them back in.

Other chunks of flesh were peeled away, leaving the surgeon no choice but to just fold them back over and sew them on.

Plate and screws are going to be his companion for three months.

The Dr. says he cannot walk for a minimum of eight weeks.

Things can happen so fast... I'm just glad He's Alive.

I am just glad it wasn't worse.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow...that sounds like terrible injuries.

Best wishes to him, you and his family and hoping for a speedy recovery for him.

Wow...it sounds like he is very lucky to be alive.

Once again best wishes.

David Star

Star of David
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Wow...that sounds like terrible injuries.

Best wishes to him, you and his family and hoping for a speedy recovery for him.

Wow...it sounds like he is very lucky to be alive.

Once again best wishes.
Thanks BrAin.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Wow! Someone was definately looking out for your brother. Sounds like he is very lucky to be alive. Your brother and family will be in the prayers of my family. Best wishes and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

David Star

Star of David
Reaction score
Princess said:
Wow! Someone was definately looking out for your brother. Sounds like he is very lucky to be alive. Your brother and family will be in the prayers of my family. Best wishes and I hope he has a speedy recovery.
Thank you very much CP.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
sounds like your brother needs a good lawyer! did they arrest the sob who was driving?

David Star

Star of David
Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
sounds like your brother needs a good lawyer! did they arrest the sob who was driving?
We have the best PI lawyer in Dallas working on the case as we speak.

Mr. Crane has worked cases that have gained national attention.

All is well on the legal front.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
David Star said:
We have the best PI lawyer working on the case as we speak.

great, hope your brother get's better soon.

Rocky

Reaction score
Would this be DART?

Sorry to hear about the accident but glad you still have your brother. Life is fragile.

Duane

Reaction score
God bless your brother. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
David Star....all the best....I was reminded of the song "NY Minute" when I read your post...we all take so much for granted, get our underwear in a bunch over nonsense...and then read what you wrote and the priorities of life become crystal clear.

Thank you.

And again, best wishes to everyone involved.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.

What in the hell was the bus driver thinking?

Hoov

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your brother. i ride bus daily to work and sometimes those drivers are **'s, drive right by you and you got to chase down and pound on door, yeah i've kicked at the door a couple times to get on. guess it depends on drivers mood. but wow, i have to commend you for taking the legal route and being patient, man i hope your family gets taken care of. Me and my brothers have a "next of kin" kind of understanding, I'd want to find that driver and rip into him, hoping he would give me a reason to beat him like a dog.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that - I have normally had good experiences with DART - but I see a nice big pink slip in this guys future...

On the brighter side, can you say $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
Damn,so sorry to hear that! But like you said,it could have been worse,your brothers guardian angel was working some serious overtime! Best wishes to your brother!

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Life throws us curveballs when we least expect it nor deserve it.