Necessary the Cowboys make a move defensively

benson

Reaction score
Defense wins championships, its proven time and time again and last years super bowl was the most beautiful example of it.

The only reason our defense was playing so well was because of our incredibly improved coverage downfield, which Mo Clai and Church were KEY players in. Losing them puts us in absolute desperation mode. Church can continue to stay in shape, but Mo can not, he will not come back in game shape and will likely not be the same player immediately after recovery.

If we want any hope of not getting absolutely shredded Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, Big Ben, Wilson, etc, we need to make a monumental move on the d-line, at DB, or even better, at both. I'm talking trade next years first desperate, it will likely be the 32nd pick anyway. At this point we are literally a stout defense away from playing the Pats for the superbowl, and the only way you beat Brady is pressure.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
couldn't agree more. must must must find a way to improve the pass rush

davey999

Reaction score
You would think in a year where everything seems to be falling into place, they would get aggressive, but I doubt it.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
You would think in a year where everything seems to be falling into place, they would get aggressive, but I doubt it.

Everyone keeps talking about Chemistry so maybe that is why they are not doing anything?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It takes 2 to make a trade, Stephen is not closing the door on any deals but it has to be the right deal. I would also say, to get something of value you need to give up something of value. People love trading off avg for better than avg players and one sided deals. Does not often work that way.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It takes 2 to make a trade, Stephen is not closing the door on any deals but it has to be the right deal. I would also say, to get something of value you need to give up something of value. People love trading off avg for better than avg players and one sided deals. Does not often work that way.

Get that dude that patriots just traded Cleveland.

He'll thank you.... A LOT!

Lol

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
No.

You build to have a strong playoff contender every year.

"One-shot" deal making is for the "old" Jerry which did this franchise no favors.

You ride with what you got this season.
as many parallels as this season has with 2014, i just can't imagine they can feel confident rolling into the post season without being able to get to the QB

those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it

benson

Reaction score
No.

You build to have a strong playoff contender every year.

"One-shot" deal making is for the "old" Jerry which did this franchise no favors.

You ride with what you got this season.

If we ride with what we got this season we will be shredded by elite QB play, which is what you face in the post-season. As amazing as our offense is, you can not expect for Dak to go pass for pass with established elite QB vets. Unfortunately if we don't improve our defense, that is exactly what we are going to ask him to do.

xvendettax914

Reaction score
Tough to make a trade now. Especially when teams can hold you up knowing you just lost 2 starters.

robbieruff

Reaction score
Defense wins championships, its proven time and time again and last years super bowl was the most beautiful example of it.

The only reason our defense was playing so well was because of our incredibly improved coverage downfield, which Mo Clai and Church were KEY players in. Losing them puts us in absolute desperation mode. Church can continue to stay in shape, but Mo can not, he will not come back in game shape and will likely not be the same player immediately after recovery.

If we want any hope of not getting absolutely shredded Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, Big Ben, Wilson, etc, we need to make a monumental move on the d-line, at DB, or even better, at both. I'm talking trade next years first desperate, it will likely be the 32nd pick anyway. At this point we are literally a stout defense away from playing the Pats for the superbowl, and the only way you beat Brady is pressure.
agreed...if choice between the two (hopefully we can do both), we must bolster pass rush...Brown can help hold it down and we can always give him help in coverage but we MUST be able to rush the quarterback consistently from a 4-man front.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
as many parallels as this season has with 2014, i just can't imagine they can feel confident rolling into the post season without being able to get to the QB

those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it

Oh well!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we ride with what we got this season we will be shredded by elite QB play, which is what you face in the post-season. As amazing as our offense is, you can not expect for Dak to go pass for pass with established elite QB vets. Unfortunately if we don't improve our defense, that is exactly what we are going to ask him to do.

Then you acquire better defensive ends in the offseason.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Teams give up WAYYY too many resources when trying to acquire "that last piece" to the championship puzzle.

I'd rather live with what we have and get a full draft class of defensive players in the off season.

Stephen won't let Jerry make any stupid trades anymore. Thank God.

Sydla

Reaction score
Then you acquire better defensive ends in the offseason.

I really don't know who or what is out there so it might all be moot anyway.

But this team has a legit chance to be a SB contender this year if they could improve their pass rush. This whole, "fix it next year" stuff is silly to me because who knows what happens next year. Maybe you move Romo and then Prescott gets hurt in 2017? Then what?

When you have a chance to make some noise, you try to capitalize on it. That doesn't mean I think they should blow through all their top picks to get players today but if there is a smart move out there that they might have to overpay slightly for, it would be wise to make it IMO.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really don't know who or what is out there so it might all be moot anyway.

But this team has a legit chance to be a SB contender this year if they could improve their pass rush. This whole, "fix it next year" stuff is silly to me because who knows what happens next year. Maybe you move Romo and then Prescott gets hurt in 2017? Then what?

When you have a chance to make some noise, you try to capitalize on it. That doesn't mean I think they should blow through all their top picks to get players today but if there is a smart move out there that they might have to overpay slightly for, it would be wise to make it IMO.

I respectfully disagree.

You build for the long-haul IMO.

Not for "Let's make noise this season".

Romo will be here next season.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Teams give up WAYYY too many resources when trying to acquire "that last piece" to the championship puzzle.

I'd rather live with what we have and get a full draft class of defensive players in the off season.

Stephen won't let Jerry make any stupid trades anymore. Thank God.

Too bad Hardy was/is such a fool.