Need a driver for a webcam...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is not a zone-related question, but I'm trying to install a webcam for a class and I'm missing the spca561.sys driver to get it working. Anyone know where I can find it.

All help is appreciated...:)

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I haven't been here in a while, Michelle... but I used to find drivers here... http://www.drivers.com

It will ask for a user name/password... the user name is: drivers
the password is: all

that should find you the driver you need...

If it is still the same site you will get what you are looking for...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks TB, I found it earlier, but I wasn't sure how it worked. To log in now requires an email address, so your username and password didn't work. I'm gonna keep looking, though. Because I don't want to pay the $30 to download all that stuff.

trickblue

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Thanks TB, I found it earlier, but I wasn't sure how it worked. To log in now requires an email address, so your username and password didn't work. I'm gonna keep looking, though. Because I don't want to pay the $30 to download all that stuff.

You are right... I checked it out after I posted it...

They were usually really good about not spamming you after they got your email... not sure how it is now...

If you are looking for a driver you can certainly find it there...

I bought my dad a pc in '88... he tells me a few months ago he wants to use his old dot matrix printer (I guess the laser and ink jet I bought him didn't cut the mustard... ;) )

Anyway... I found an XP driver for his 15 year old Epson dot-matrix... and he is in heaven... lol

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
You are right... I checked it out after I posted it...

They were usually really good about not spamming you after they got your email... not sure how it is now...

If you are looking for a driver you can certainly find it there...

I bought my dad a pc in '88... he tells me a few months ago he wants to use his old dot matrix printer (I guess the laser and ink jet I bought him didn't cut the mustard... ;) )

Anyway... I found an XP driver for his 15 year old Epson dot-matrix... and he is in heaven... lol
I can't even laugh at him. I still got one of those suitcase compaq computers and a dot-matrix printer... I got it stored in one of my closets. So uh, they got drivers for those things, huh? Might be able to sell it now.

trickblue

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
I can't even laugh at him. I still got one of those suitcase compaq computers and a dot-matrix printer... I got it stored in one of my closets. So uh, they got drivers for those things, huh? Might be able to sell it now.

ahh yes... I had the suitcase Compaq II... it made a good living for me for many years doing teleprompter... state of the art stuff at the time... good times... ;)

eBay will bring you more money than you know for old pc's...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
ahh yes... I had the suitcase Compaq II... it made a good living for me for many years doing teleprompter... state of the art stuff at the time... good times... ;)

eBay will bring you more money than you know for old pc's...
Actually once I clear all my stuff off, I just might do that. Oh and FYI, I found another site. www.helpdrivers.com I think it might work. I'll keep you posted on how things work out.

trickblue

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Actually once I clear all my stuff off, I just might do that. Oh and FYI, I found another site. www.helpdrivers.com I think it might work. I'll keep you posted on how things work out.

Cool... thanks... always room for more driver sites...

I have 3 or 4 old XT machines I should part with...