Need Advice...

DEA_dad

Reaction score
Ladies & Gents, 3 friends and I are attending our first game at Texas Stadium next week and I had some questions:

1) Will they allow larger cameras in there (regular SLR's with an extended lense) in backpacks or cases?
2) Where is a good place to stay around the stadium?
3) Theebs took some great pics a few weeks ago, how early do you have to get down to the field to take shots like those of the players warming up?
4) What time does the tailgate start?

Any advice would be appreciated! Ill bet my bottom dollar also that Romo starts next week! Go Boys!

yrades

Reaction score
I went to the Monday Night Game vs Philadelphia.

No problem with the camera.
You need to get there at least an hour if not more before kickoff to see warmups. But, there is where the problem lies. I have gone to see the cowboys play in a lot of stadiums, and I hate to say this, but Texas Stadium is the worst, I mean the worst for tailgating. The only allow you in like 3 hours before the game, you will be waiting in line for like at least 1 hour just to get in the gates. By the time you heat up the grill, you got to run to the stadium inorder to see the players warm up. Or just ditch all that, and go to the Corral, that is a lot of fun.

Lots of Hotels around the area. Driving around DFW is not difficult, if you study the layout beforehand. Get the best deal with someone like priceling. I stayed at the DFW Marriott and drove everywhere.

Best of all, have fun.