Need Help - Where to watch the game in NYC

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
Have to be in NYC (mid-town) for the weekend and want to know if anyone knows somewhere to watch the game. My guess is that it will all be the Gints or Jets game up there.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Yellow Lab

Reaction score
Definetley the ESPN Sportzone. It's right on Broadway in mid-town. I'd think they'll be showing every game live.... Good luck.

tuna-salad

Reaction score
jets play at 1pm and giants don't play till 8pm, so the cowboy game at 4pm will probably be playing at most bars...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The game will be televised in New York. As long as you can get to a TV you should be able to watch it.

Hoov

Reaction score
The eagles are playing in Houston so thats prolly at 4 too, so no cowboys on tv for me. Now i'll have to go to the bar and be forced to drink beer and eat wings and extreme fries and flirt with cute girls that like football. Oh the things i'll suffer to see my team play on sunday.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoov said:
The eagles are playing in Houston so thats prolly at 4 too, so no cowboys on tv for me. Now i'll have to go to the bar and be forced to drink beer and eat wings and extreme fries and flirt with cute girls that like football. Oh the things i'll suffer to see my team play on sunday.
Texans-Eagles is at 1 your time.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Hoov said:

Take me with you!! I could be a masochist for that kind of suffering.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoov said:

I have to decide. There are 3 different wing places I can go to also. Hooter's, WingHouse (which is a take off of Hooter's, but skimpier outfits :D ) and Buffalo Wild Wings. Only problem, the acoustics in those places are horrible and is very hard to hear. So I can either stay home or go to the regular bar where I can hear it.

Can always go to the wing places after the game.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
I have to decide. There are 3 different wing places I can go to also. Hooter's, WingHouse (which is a take off of Hooter's, but skimpier outfits :D ) and Buffalo Wild Wings. Only problem, the acoustics in those places are horrible and is very hard to hear. So I can either stay home or go to the regular bar where I can hear it.

Can always go to the wing places after the game.

Well there is a half time to change places if you don't like the first place you stop.

vlad

Reaction score
Hey, I live up here, if I were you I'd avoid ESPN like the plague, that place will be packed and is a tourist trap, on week 1, forget it. If you are tied to midtown, on the west side there are a few bars around 48th st& 9th ave, like Scruffy Duffy's that my guess would show the game or would know people that would. If you don't mind a subway ride/cab or walk through the park, around 79th/amstedam-81 amsterdam are like 5-6 bars (blondies, brother jimmy's, gin mill, Time Out Sports Cafe) that will be a fun place to go watch. I would recommend Brother Jimmy's, now our game might not be on the big screen there, but the food is good and it is a football watching atmosphere (would also recommend college games there too). Its a southern themed bar and the food is actually pretty good, should be pretty waitresses, and a lot of people there.

later