need help with error message/graphics driver

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I got an error this morning that says a serious error occured by intel graphics driver. I assume this was installed by Dell? I got it right after I had Photoshop open for awhile :confused: any suggestions

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
post your EXACT error message and i'll be glad to help.

please also include:
video card/driver revision - is it the latest available?
when this happens - what were you doing? general computing? watching a video that required a codec? heavy graphics work after installing photoshop? only during photoshop activities?

words like "critical" "serious" "fatal" are holdover errors from old-school coders who think the general world doesn't view these words in the same non-drastic view as they do. : )

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
iceberg said:
post your EXACT error message and i'll be glad to help.

please also include:
video card/driver revision - is it the latest available?
when this happens - what were you doing? general computing? watching a video that required a codec? heavy graphics work after installing photoshop? only during photoshop activities?

words like "critical" "serious" "fatal" are holdover errors from old-school coders who think the general world doesn't view these words in the same non-drastic view as they do. : )
the error said it was unknown,it happened after I had PS open for awhile. I went for updates as the error report said to troubleshoot and there were none available. I have been having PC problems lately and now I am wondering if PS,and how I got it is my problem :(

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
can you elaborate on PC problems?

and "exact" error - at least in the point that "xyz module cause abc problem in 123" - sounds like intel (intel WHAT?) caused an error in "unknown".

scan for a virus (www.grisoft.com for a free recommendation) and get 2-3 anti-spyware programs in there.

is this a "shared memory" built in video card? if so, how much ram is being used for video/system?