Need indentifying a childhood food

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Used to eat these as a youngster circa latter 60s.
I remember it being touted as "eaten by astronauts"
It was roughly the shape of smaller slim jim but a bit thicker in diameter.
Any help?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Pillsbury Food Sticks

My mom used to bring them home from work but it was in the 70’s

That is it, thank you!
pillsbury-space-sticks.jpg
https://blog.generalmills.com/2019/07/space-food-sticks-went-to-the-moon-too/

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
I used to get all the cool space food. My mom actually was the main nurse to give the final check-up on Armstrong before they left.

On a really serious note, start a thread some day with any stories you might have from that time period, i know some guys on here who would really like to hear them, me included.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I can’t even imagine the stuff folks were eating without some of the protocols in place now, lol.

I mean, this is the era that was pushing Jello as some kinda wonder food.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Did you wash that down with some Tang? Loved that stuff when it was really ice cold.

Then someone got creative with it and combined Tang with instant tea, ground cinnamon and cloves and that was really good on a cold day.
Hiked a couple miles into the wilderness for a weekend of fishing/partying. Had some Tang and a lot of the cheapest vodka that could be found. The Tang started getting mixed with the straight vodka. Called them space shots.

Sammy

Reaction score
Did you wash that down with some Tang? Loved that stuff when it was really ice cold.

Then someone got creative with it and combined Tang with instant tea, ground cinnamon and cloves and that was really good on a cold day.

We called that Witches Brew

nobody

Reaction score
It's amazing how many good things disappeared. I don't think it was just lack of interest. I think some of it was rising cost of production compared to what people would pay for it. Faster and cheaper options forced them out.