Need tech support for Cable TV

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
A couple of months ago I had Time Warner come out and install Cable internet and TV service. When they set this up I only had one TV, now I have two TVs.

I thought to myself, OK simple, I will get a signal splitter at Home Depot and split the signal running out of the center output from the A/B switch and I'll have a cable service on both TVs... NOT!

Although the I get service on both TVs, the signal quality has been reduced by 50%.

Can anyone explain why this is and help me trouble shoot it?

I am trying to avoid having TW coming out and charging me a service call.

Surely it's something simple I am overlooking.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I am not on Time Warner but I did not have that problem when I split my cable.

The problem I did have was that I had all the movie channels I signed up for in the living room but only the basic cable in the bedroom.

This is because our service requires you to have a cable box for the added channels.

Now I am not sure if you have a box in one area and split off from that box, however if that is the case, that might be your problem concerning your quality of picture on the other end.

When I split off before I just found a place in the cable outside of the home (where it was coming in) and made the split there (not at my cable box) and ran the second line into the bedroom.