Need to trade for a premier CB

Verdict

Reaction score
Funny how the focus on Brown ignores the 2nd half of the game. I never thought any of the Cowboys corners was exceptional which is why they targeted Surtain and Horne in the draft. But Brown was trying to cover Antonio Brown, one of the best receivers in the league with Tom Brady throwing to him. The Cowboys should not overreact and they can't over react. Brady threw for 380 yards and most of that was not against Anthony Brown. There is a lot of room for blame.

I will say this. The Cowboys secondary lacks speed and they will see some fast receivers every week. They need a pass rush or they are going to get toasted on defense.
Brady picked on Brown all night. It was obvious. I’m not sure how you missed that part.

That being said we can win even with Brown if necessary. I’m a bit surprised that the team didn’t play Wright. My guess is that they didn’t trust his potential mental mistakes. Brown got picked on but not a lot of huge chunk plays against him. Maybe they were afraid of chunk plays given up by Wright.

Verdict

Reaction score
groin injuries tend to linger, and he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire prior to that. i have my reservations that he's our hero this year. sidenote, i still cringe thinking about mo claiborne tearing his groin OFF. yikes
What? I haven’t heard this story!

Proof

Reaction score
What? I haven’t heard this story!

Jane Slater of NFL Network spoke to Claiborne and reported that he "tore a piece of the bone off his pelvis." Claiborne said he's trying to avoid surgery and will undergo an MRI in three weeks

just makes me cringe even thinking about it lol

cowboys1981

Reaction score
I'd rather trade for a premium DT that can push the A gap. It would free up our LBs from having to rush their gaps and be fooled on PA plays and it would help our secondary as well.

Creeper

Reaction score
Almost half of Bradys yards came against Brown. Diggs shut down Evans so he doesn't get blame.

Lewis and Brown was picked on all game

AB had 121 yards if I am not mistaken. 118 of those came in the first half. In the second half he had1 catch for 3 yards.

Yes, Brady was picking on Brown in the first half. Not so much in the second. Like I said, I never thought the Cowboys CBs were better than average. It was a recognized weakness that could have been mitigated had Surtain fallen to them. He didn't so they really had no choice but to take another player and look for a CB in the 2nd round.

The Cowboys are not going to trade or sign a premier CB for the same reason they did not sign Chido Awuzie, who I thought was their best CB last year after Diggs, and that is not saying much. They don't have the CAP room. They have just $4 million according to Overthecap, and they are $26 million over the cap for 2022.

Verdict

Reaction score
Jane Slater of NFL Network spoke to Claiborne and reported that he "tore a piece of the bone off his pelvis." Claiborne said he's trying to avoid surgery and will undergo an MRI in three weeks

just makes me cringe even thinking about it lol
Thank you for the information. I was not aware of that.

ICP

Reaction score
Only CB your gonna be able to trade for right now is an overpaid one and your gonna pay a premium price

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yeah because every team has them available.

Good grief.

+1...beat me to it, all sorts of problems with OP suggestion
  • who you trading for
  • Stephen Jones will not pay top money or give a huge 2nd contract to a player from another team without him playing at least one or two cheap years for the Cowboys. In other words, I think he would consider a player with a couple of years left on his rookie deal.
  • We missed that boat a couple of years ago with the Dolphins and Jets fire sales
  • Please forget Gilmore.....any trade will have to include making the one the highest-paid, if not the highest CB in the league.

DanA

Reaction score
If the Saints get off to a bad start they could put Latimore on the trade table. Another Ohio State guy to go with Zeke, N.Brown, and Hooker and he's damn good. He's on 900k this season and you could probably sign him on a deal that sees a small cap hit in 2022 with a big signing bonus that puts most of the money in 2023 and beyond.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Jerry needs to make a trade for a premier CB if he wants to win a SB.

How bout we give the kids a shot first in real action...seriously, we have a bit until the next team we play has an perinial all pro as the #3 WR. We got some time let them play opposite Diggs and see if they got some fight in em.