Needs Met, A Few Left

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
Now That We Have Added A New Wr, A New Guard , A New Tackle, A New Blocking Te , A New Linebacker, There Is Still A Few More Holes Dallas Must Fill.

But Doesnt Terry Glenn, Terrell Owens, Patrick Crayton And Witten Sound Sweet??

We Still Need A Kicker, Get Me Vinateri, Josh Brown Or Vanderjact, But Please For All That Is Holy Dont Let Me See Cortez's Bald Heads In A Cowboys Uniform Ever Again. The Cowboys Havent Had A Good Kicker ...since....since....damn Since....who Lin Freaking Elliott Or Maybe Eddie Murray?

Anyway Get Me A Kicker,

We Could Use A Defensive Tackle To Fill Glovers Spot.

Definatly A Safety , But Who? A Rookie?? Ahhh..

So I Think For The Most Part The Offense Is Set .

So We Need A Kicker, Which To Me Is Now The Biggest Priority On The Team, Games Are To Close Now Not To Have A Reliable Kicker. I Mean Seriously Are Kickers Last Year Cost Us At Least 3 Games.

Get Me A Safety......marcus Coleman??

Get Me A Dt .....i Dont Know ....?? Draft I Suppose.

Id Like Us To End The Free Agency Period And Draft With

Vinateri, Brown Or Vanderjact, Marcus Coleman, Drafted Defensive Tackle.

If We Do That Jerry And Bill Get A An A Plus

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:

Works for me, Mike...

visionary

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:

agreed mike
i would say that we still need a playmaker in the SOLB spot. unlike some others, i would prefer we handle that with our first pick in the draft.

goshan

Reaction score
Don't think offense is in that great of shape still. Oline is still below average.
Kosier>Allen?
Center position?
Fabini?

LA will be cut.

If the Oline doesn't play well, everything will fall apart. Bledsoe will play poorly, setting off TO.

Don't see how people are comfortable with the oline when is was horrible last year (and bad with Flozell) and we added two marginal players??

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
goshan said:
Don't think offense is in that great of shape still. Oline is still below average.
Kosier>Allen?
Center position?
Fabini?

LA will be cut.

If the Oline doesn't play well, everything will fall apart. Bledsoe will play poorly, setting off TO.

Don't see how people are comfortable with the oline when is was horrible last year (and bad with Flozell) and we added two marginal players??

It's because the consensus is that a year away from disc surgery Rivera has to be better.

And with Flozell in there the line is better.

Fabini is an improvement over Petitti.

Kosier at this point IS BETTER than Larry Allen.

I would expect Petitti to be a much better player.

I see no reason why this line couldn't be 20-25% better than last year. Cut the sacks down to 35... Get the average per rush close to 4.0 and we'll be just fine on offense.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
I think Coleman is a lock to come to Dallas.

This kicker situation is annoying me. Vanderjagt was offered a deal I thought? Vinatieri is still out there and he's the guy I wanted from day one. He can kick in any weather. We may need that late in the 2006 season if we get screwed again and have to go to Wash/NY/Phi in December.

We also need a DT. Draft Bunkley at #18 if he slips that far. That kid is going to be a monster in the NFL.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
It's because the consensus is that a year away from disc surgery Rivera has to be better.

I see no reason why this line couldn't be 20-25% better than last year. Cut the sacks down to 35... Get the average per rush close to 4.0 and we'll be just fine on offense.

MW is that you...proving a skeptic wrong...good post bro...:)

Oh..is Drew B better already because of that WR??? I had to ask :eek:

goshan

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

Your logic is too optimistic for me--betting way too much on everything to go right:

1. Rivera has to be better? An aging lineman with a bad back usually gets better as he reaches his mid thirties? Ummm....don't think so. Wonder what odds Vegas would put on your prediction.
2. Fabini is an improvement on Petitti. Ok. Will give you that one. He should be.
3. Kosier at this point is better than Allen. Maybe. Debatable for sure. But Kosier is, at best, according to consensus anyway, an average Guard. And LA is old and slowing, so even if he is better, that isn't saying much.
4. I would expect Petitti to be a much better player. Well we can certainly hope, but nobody really knows.

I see no reason why this line couldn't be 20-25% better than last year.

Question 1: Is 20-25% better good enough? At the end of the year, the oline was one of the worst in the NFL. Sorry, but before the injury, the oline was still in the bottom half.
Question 2: Will it really be 20-25% improved? Name one player on the O-Line that is 'pro bowl' caliber. Yes we can brag about Flozell but its funny to me how he became alot better after he was injured.

I am seeing a 10% improvement which means we will still be in the bottom half of the league.

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
The Thing Is We Onlyhave So Much Money Fellas. Were Not Going To Get A Pro Bowler At Every Spot.

So Ill Take Getting A Good Kicker, A Safety And Some More Depth On The Dline Going In. Then Rely On Burnet And Singleton To Come Back, Having Pettiti Better, Columbo Better, Peterman Better Etc.

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
Ink Josh Brown to a long term deal and let's solve the problem and land a good kicker for now and years to come.

If no, hope that Mare gets cut and pick him up for dirt cheap.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

Not just that but give me 16 games of Flozell and I truly believe we make the playoffs last year.

Its like when you sprain a thumb on your left hand. Thats ok until you injure the right have as well. Then you are in serious trouble. Thats what happened to us when we were already playing a rookie RT and lost Flozell.

Tobal

Reaction score
Adams is a huge inprovement over Tucker, no reason to think he won't be effective.

Kozier or Allen??? ehh not sure

Center position has another year of experience and competition

Rivera (I think Fabini will make him have a much better yr)

Fabini is solid that's about 6 steps up from last yr. He won't need near the help which will free up Witten....

I feel ok with the line, it's not a strength, but I don't think it's a weakness now.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
1. Rivera has to be better?
Rivera may not be as good as he wa sin making pro bowls but better than playing hurt? Yea, thats pretty much common sense.

2. Fabini is an improvement on Petitti.
Of course. And even Petitti will be better due to experience.

3. Kosier at this point is better than Allen. Not so much better but more dependable. He won't create holes by blocking 2 guys at once but he also won't blow plays by whiffing. The one thing about Kosier on tape/Tivo is he gets to his guy and delivers some type of block.

4. I would expect Petitti to be a much better player. He will be better as almost all 2nd year guys are. But we may not see him much at all if things go as planned.

Question 1: Is 20-25% better good enough?
We will be more than 20% better based on Flo alone IMHO.
Last season Bledsoe was the offensive player of the month before we started playing Petitti and Tucker at the tackles together. So is the OL good enough right now? I think so. Tell me if they stay healthy and I'll swear to it.

Question 2: Will it really be 20-25% improved? Name one player on the O-Line that is 'pro bowl' caliber: Flozell, Larry Allen and Rivera have all been to Pro Bowls. Every season is new but they all have Pro Bowl talent still. Fabini has been a standout OL who was playing LT the past 3 years. Findong out how important an OL is after he is gone is not at all rare. BP has been hyping Flo since he got here and tells RBs how fun it is to run behind Flo and LArry Allen.

I'd love to have signed Hutchinson and Bentley but that wasn't gonna happen and we had to have improvemant at OT where we gave up something like 35 sacks last year.

I would have been happier had we also added Mawae at OC for 2 years but what can ya do. No team gets ever player they'd like to get.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
goshan said:
Your logic is too optimistic for me--betting way too much on everything to go right:

1. Rivera has to be better? An aging lineman with a bad back usually gets better as he reaches his mid thirties? Ummm....don't think so. Wonder what odds Vegas would put on your prediction.

The inside word is that Rivera is working his arse off this off-season as is Petitti, who is doing what he couldn't do last year-- focus on strength and agility.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jterrell said:
1. Rivera has to be better?
Rivera may not be as good as he wa sin making pro bowls but better than playing hurt? Yea, thats pretty much common sense.

2. Fabini is an improvement on Petitti.
Of course. And even Petitti will be better due to experience.

3. Kosier at this point is better than Allen. Not so much better but more dependable. He won't create holes by blocking 2 guys at once but he also won't blow plays by whiffing. The one thing about Kosier on tape/Tivo is he gets to his guy and delivers some type of block.

4. I would expect Petitti to be a much better player. He will be better as almost all 2nd year guys are. But we may not see him much at all if things go as planned.

Question 1: Is 20-25% better good enough?
We will be more than 20% better based on Flo alone IMHO.
Last season Bledsoe was the offensive player of the month before we started playing Petitti and Tucker at the tackles together. So is the OL good enough right now? I think so. Tell me if they stay healthy and I'll swear to it.

Question 2: Will it really be 20-25% improved? Name one player on the O-Line that is 'pro bowl' caliber: Flozell, Larry Allen and Rivera have all been to Pro Bowls. Every season is new but they all have Pro Bowl talent still. Fabini has been a standout OL who was playing LT the past 3 years. Findong out how important an OL is after he is gone is not at all rare. BP has been hyping Flo since he got here and tells RBs how fun it is to run behind Flo and LArry Allen.

I'd love to have signed Hutchinson and Bentley but that wasn't gonna happen and we had to have improvemant at OT where we gave up something like 35 sacks last year.

I would have been happier had we also added Mawae at OC for 2 years but what can ya do. No team gets ever player they'd like to get.

Plus JT, look at Denver, how many Pro-bowlers on that line? You don't need Pro-bowlers, you need 5 guys that work as a unit. That's all.

At the moment this is the best line we've had in a long time IMHO.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MikeD17 said:
We Still Need A Kicker, Get Me Vinateri, Josh Brown Or Vanderjact, But Please For All That Is Holy Dont Let Me See Cortez's Bald Heads In A Cowboys Uniform Ever Again.
He resigned with Indy (I believe) so he won't be coming here. Thank God.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
to shore up our saftey spot i either want to draft mike huff/Jim Williams or sign cough trade cough for Ed Reed