News: Negotiations with Kazee

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News reports the Cowboys have engaged in contract negotiations with Damontae Kazee following his visit and physical Wednesday.
source.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Considering he left to visit Detroit, I don't think he was too impressed with what we were negotiating.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If we sign him, people will whine. If we done sign him, people will whine.
I like the fact that at least hes a smaller guy for a safety that can cover wr's and gets his hands on the ball. He has good instincts WHEN HEALTHY. He might be ok if he can stay on the field. It will be key to draft a top notch safety as well and to draft a linebacker and DT that can help those db's not have to cover as long. To date our front 7 is still woeful. Hopefully Quinn knows best what we need up front and the brass allows him the leverage to have a say on draft day.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He'll be signed by morning. I still think Hooker will be signed too. Not sure what the plan will be with all these dudes. How do you get them all on the field with the new db's we will draft etc? If we draft Grant in round 2, then what? Maybe Molden at 44? I p[ersonally want a dawg DT that is a thug at 44 to get drafted. Mcneil to me, fits what we need. McNeil next to Urban and Gallimore and Dlaw would be pretty good. With Randy rotating in.We will be better against the run if we draft him day 1.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I like the fact that at least hes a smaller guy for a safety that can cover wr's and gets his hands on the ball. He has good instincts WHEN HEALTHY. He might be ok if he can stay on the field. It will be key to draft a top notch safety as well and to draft a linebacker and DT that can help those db's not have to cover as long. To date our front 7 is still woeful. Hopefully Quinn knows best what we need up front and the brass allows him the leverage to have a say on draft day.
Ive been in Kazees corner since day one of interest,, Im glad we are at least hearing these early reports of negotiations, this is a simple contract, so you know this one is done, so lets go celebrate and get a Hooker now.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He'll be signed by morning. I still think Hooker will be signed too. Not sure what the plan will be with all these dudes. How do you get them all on the field with the new db's we will draft etc? If we draft Grant in round 2, then what? Maybe Molden at 44? I p[ersonally want a dawg DT that is a thug at 44 to get drafted. Mcneil to me, fits what we need. McNeil next to Urban and Gallimore and Dlaw would be pretty good. With Randy rotating in.We will be better against the run if we draft him day 1.
You have to have a defense that is designed to cover from your entire back seven, LBs have to cover, DE in 3-4s routinely have to fall back, this is a pass first NFL and the more DBs you can have the better.
This league is being flooded yearly with amazing pass catchers, that doesnt even just mean WR anymore... pass catchers... lol
Bring me your abandoned DBs!!!!! I welcome them!!!!
Let Quinn figure the rest out...

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Can an NFL player come back from an Achilles tear and be any good?

In this day and age I'm never concerned about players returning from soft tissue injury until they show me reason to be. I just assume it'll be fine. Injury recovery and personal training available to professional athletes is space age compared to most of us throwing together meat loaves and doing some push-ups after work.

What concerns me is a track record of injury, which we don't see with Kazee. You've always got injury risk, maybe Kazee's Achilles is slightly more risky than someone else's, but I'm all for taking the risk in this situation.

ICP

Reaction score
I knew they would go with this guy because he played for Quinn. Hooker would be so much better IMHO

Watch this will be another obvious front office blunder

Rayman70

Reaction score
You have to have a defense that is designed to cover from your entire back seven, LBs have to cover, DE in 3-4s routinely have to fall back, this is a pass first NFL and the more DBs you can have the better.
This league is being flooded yearly with amazing pass catchers, that doesnt even just mean WR anymore... pass catchers... lol
Bring me your abandoned DBs!!!!! I welcome them!!!!
Let Quinn figure the rest out...
agree, but based off of 2020, we couldnt stop the run. Teams will attack us the same way until we stop it. We better figure this thing out. Luckily this draft is pretty loaded at corner and defense for us to come away with several good players for Quinn to work with. This camp will be very vital to getting this figured out. I think Im warming up to the Kearse signing just from a ST standpoint. Apparently he was very good. AND HES NOT COMING OFF INJURIES. lol..so theres that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dont forget how Tampa offset KC in the SB...they manhandled them up front and with their linebackers. They punished them and Mahommes. He couldnt get the ball out to his playmakers. NOT 1 TD from a pass happy team. SOMETHING needs to be said for this. I think this is how you beat passing teams..with rock solid D. We need to be nasty in the trenches first and foremost.