Twitter: Negotiations with Zeke have intensified **merged**

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Let's not get excited here. We'll still be mediocre. Our 2nd round pick is trash. We cut a DE and WR we should have kept. We should have traded Byron and replaced him with Olumba. We kept a FB instead of having a 4th TE. Did I leave out anything?

birdwells1

Reaction score
And what commitment to the Cowboys not honor? Hurns was given a 2.5 million signing bonus and 2.5 million base salary for 2018. He got his 5 million and the Cowboys cut him which is perfectly acceptable under the contract. I don’t recall anything in the contract stipulating that Cowboys had to keep him on the roster for a certain amount of time, do you? That’s why they get guaranteed money.

In the other 2 major sports if a player signs a 4 yrs 48 million dollar contract, that is what's owed the player. That's the reason why there's no holdouts in those sports.
The reason that players holdout in the NFL is because its year to year. I'm not saying anything is wrong with the way that the nfl does business but by doing it this way players are going to hold out. It's just the way business is done.

You cant expect players to honor the contracts that aren't worth the paper that they're written on like the other sports.

If owners reserve the right to terminate contracts when the players performance level falls you've got to expect the player to holdout when he out perform his contract.

Gaede

Reaction score
Let's not get excited here. We'll still be mediocre. Our 2nd round pick is trash. We cut a DE and WR we should have kept. We should have traded Byron and replaced him with Olumba. We kept a FB instead of having a 4th TE. Did I leave out anything?
None of these are impactful, or even legitimate, things

Unless you're being sarcastic, in which case, good post

Reactions: CWR

birdwells1

Reaction score
I am wondering if I can holdout of my job, ask for higher raise, and not have to go thru all this training in the beginning of every year. She would probably laugh me right out of building.

That's because you're easily replaceable, they can find another you anywhere.

Air Force One

Reaction score

Garrett

Hadenough

Reaction score
I will never understand why a man would want to wear another man's name on his back....I'll never need to do it, no matter how much I am a fan of a player but
I will never understand why a man would want to wear another man's name on his back....I'll never need to do it, no matter how much I am a fan of a player but that's just me...
But your user name is stiletto as in high heel.
Lol

_sturt_

Reaction score
We should have traded Byron and replaced him with Olumba.

The other parts are, at least, arguable. This one, though, isn't. At all.

Byron > Olumba now.

And 3rd Rd-ish compensatory pick awarded after the season > 3rd Rd-ish pick acquired now.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
a59.gif

Reid1boys

Reaction score
In the other 2 major sports if a player signs a 4 yrs 48 million dollar contract, that is what's owed the player. That's the reason why there's no holdouts in those sports.
The reason that players holdout in the NFL is because its year to year. I'm not saying anything is wrong with the way that the nfl does business but by doing it this way players are going to hold out. It's just the way business is done.

You cant expect players to honor the contracts that aren't worth the paper that they're written on like the other sports.

If owners reserve the right to terminate contracts when the players performance level falls you've got to expect the player to holdout when he out perform his contract.
only superstars have any shot in a an nfl holdout. You arent seeing some avg joe TE holding out.

aria

Reaction score

But the contracts are worth the paper their written on, except to the players apparently. Is there anywhere in the contract saying a player can’t be cut? Is there a mandatory amount of rime that a team must keep a player written in the contract? That’s why players get guaranteed money which is a great deal.

So the teams are honoring the contracts. The CBA agreed to the terms and the players signed the contract, right?

No, I don’t expect the players to hold out because they agreed to a set amount of guaranteed money and if they didn’t play up to that amount of money the owners don’t get their money back so why do the players not have hold up their end of the agreement?

Seems pretty one sided to me. A player can get a large amount of guaranteed money and do nothing for the rest of their career, take their money and walk away without owing the owners a dime. The trade off is the owners can cut them but the players still get to keep their money?

I would love to have that kind of deal where I work. Here’s a few million bucks that you get to keep no matter what, if you perform up to our standards we’ll pay you even more. If you don’t, we’ll fire you but you get to keep the few million dollars and look for employment elsewhere. Poor players, I don’t know how they get by.