Never Been Big on College Football

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
but who are the teams to watch this year?????

TxStar61

Reaction score
Right off the bat (so to speak) :) I would say that USC, Oklahoma, Texas are some teams to watch...The RB of Oklahoma , Adrain Peterson, was 2nd place in the Heisman Running. He was a true Freshman last year and came up just a little short. So we definatly want to keep our eyes on Oklahoma. USC had some good players that are returning again this year. And of course they won the championship against Oklahoma.
Auburn came up #3 in the running.
This will give you a few teams to watch.

Pharcyde

Reaction score
USC
Texas
Tennessee
Miami
Oklahoma
Iowa
Michigan
Ohio State

watch for these teams.

Roughneck

Reaction score
Pharcyde said:
USC
Texas
Tennessee
Miami
Oklahoma
Iowa
Michigan
Ohio State

watch for these teams.
I think that's a list of all the legit contenders.

Buckeye

Reaction score
Tennessee
Oklahoma
Iowa
Ohio State
Texas
USC

Texas @ Ohio State is going to decide who plays USC in the Tournament of Roses. I guarantee it.

Roughneck

Reaction score
Buckeye said:
Tennessee
Oklahoma
Iowa
Ohio State
Texas
USC

Texas @ Ohio State is going to decide who plays USC in the Tournament of Roses. I guarantee it.
Word has it during the OSU AD meeting yesterday it was decided that OSU would push ABC to make it a night game (Texas will probably push for this too). Y'all would bring in the lights you use normally for games held in the evening. Imagine it:

Texas......Ohio State......Two of the Top 5 Winningest Programs in History......Two of the Top 5 Teams in College Football next year (IMO)......Tradition......National Television......The Shoe......Night Game Atmosphere......

WILL SEPTEMBER GET HERE ALREADY?

:mad:

TxStar61

Reaction score
"WILL SEPTEMBER GET HERE ALREADY?

:mad:"

:D:D:D

Patience, It will come soon enough. My oldest daughter will graduate this spring. Let's not rush Fall! :)

jimmy40

Reaction score
Buckeye said:
Tennessee
Oklahoma
Iowa
Ohio State
Texas
USC

Is this a two year agreement, home and away?

Buckeye

Reaction score
Roughneck said:
Word has it during the OSU AD meeting yesterday it was decided that OSU would push ABC to make it a night game (Texas will probably push for this too). Y'all would bring in the lights you use normally for games held in the evening. Imagine it:

Texas......Ohio State......Two of the Top 5 Winningest Programs in History......Two of the Top 5 Teams in College Football next year (IMO)......Tradition......National Television......The Shoe......Night Game Atmosphere......

WILL SEPTEMBER GET HERE ALREADY?

:mad:
Columbus Dispatch

Ohio State’s much-anticipated first meeting with Texas on Sept. 10 is almost certainly going to be moved to an evening kickoff to accommodate national television coverage, a source close to the OSU program said yesterday. ABC hasn’t made an official announcement, but the source said officials at Ohio State and Texas have agreed to the move.
It's been confirmed.

P.S. Ohio State is 6-0 in The 'Shoe under the lights.
100-0045_IMG.JPG

royhitshard

Reaction score
Buckeye said:
Tennessee
Oklahoma
Iowa
Ohio State
Texas
USC

What makes you think USC will be there next year? Cal will knock them out of it.

Roughneck

Reaction score
royhitshard said:
What makes you think USC will be there next year?
While USC may have a tougher time than originally anticipated in 2005 (with Chow leaving), they are Coached far too well (Carroll, etc.) and have way too much talent (Leinart, Bush, etc.) not to be the concensus #1 Team in the Nation at the start of next season.
Cal will knock them out of it.
Are you serious? Cal loses their top 2 players (Rodgers and Arrington) and almost their entire Defense from a team that was destroyed by Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl. The only things that Cal has going for it into the game will be Tedford and playing at home. Of course, I've seen high school games that had better atmospheres than what you'll get at Memorial Stadium in Berkeley so it's really just Tedford. And even Tedford will have trouble stopping the Trojan Juggernaut with the loss of so many players.

If you're looking for a team to topple USC (pre-National Championship game at any rate), I'd suggest Arizona State. The Sun Devils get them in Tempe and have an Offense that could put up some serious points on the board.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
The usual...that's how college football is. USC looks like the clear favorite again. They should win it all again but chances are that won't happen because they will be overconfident and tank a game.

royhitshard

Reaction score
Roughneck said:
While USC may have a tougher time than originally anticipated in 2005 (with Chow leaving), they are Coached far too well (Carroll, etc.) and have way too much talent (Leinart, Bush, etc.) not to be the concensus #1 Team in the Nation at the start of next season. Are you serious? Cal loses their top 2 players (Rodgers and Arrington) and almost their entire Defense from a team that was destroyed by Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl. The only things that Cal has going for it into the game will be Tedford and playing at home. Of course, I've seen high school games that had better atmospheres than what you'll get at Memorial Stadium in Berkeley so it's really just Tedford. And even Tedford will have trouble stopping the Trojan Juggernaut with the loss of so many players.

If you're looking for a team to topple USC (pre-National Championship game at any rate), I'd suggest Arizona State. The Sun Devils get them in Tempe and have an Offense that could put up some serious points on the board.
I agree that USC will be and should be #1 when the season starts, but I don't think they will end up there. I believe Cal will beat them, b/c it seems like they overlook them. After losing to them two years ago, they almost and should have lost to them again. I agree that AZ State will be tough, but just believe Cal will beat them. It is college football, anything can happen at anytime, no matter how good a team is SUPPOSED to be. That is what is great about it. Every week counts. I for one cannot wait until Sept!