Never too early 2018 mock

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
used Fanspeak's On the Clock simulator...

22: R1P22 DL VITA VEA WASHINGTON
vitavea.jpg

54: R2P22 EDGE BRADLEY CHUBB NORTH CAROLINA STATE
bradleychubb.jpg

86: R3P22 CB IMAN MARSHALL USC
oim1g5-b88864124z.120161222153122000gggkor1j.10.jpg

124: R4P22 RB KALEN BALLAGE ARIZONA STATE
knxv%20kalen%20ballage%20arizona%20state%20sun%20devils_1473570099183_46154048_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

136: R4P34 G LARRY ALLEN JR. HARVARD
larry-allen-jr-og-harvard_pg_600.jpg

173: R5P35 WR JAKE WIENEKE SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
Jake+Wieneke+South+Dakota+State+v+TCU+1PgLEGK300ul.jpg

176: R5P38 S KYZIR WHITE WVU
KyzirWhite-Main-62617.jpg

201: R6P22 CB PRIEST WILLIS TEXAS A&M
Priest+Willis+Texas+v+Auburn+j4WztPIrm7sl.jpg

213: R6P34 TE JAKE ROH BOISE STATE
54a1b0a4c1877.image.jpg

244: R7P22 LB ANDREW MOTUAPUAKA VIRGINIA TECH
Andrew+Motuapuaka+North+Carolina+v+Virginia+df_NCtnK7Bxl.jpg

John813

Reaction score
I'll be surprised if we go DT in the first. Of course, if he is the BPA, then sure, but if Collins develops into that stud 3-tech, I'm not sure if we will invest so highly in a 1 tech/another 3 tech guy that high.

Another corner in the third? Never a bad thing to keep drafting secondary, but that would be a lot of resources to the corner spot.
Then another safety and a corner on day 3. Not a bad thing to keep churning the roster, but that's a heavy draft on the defense.
Dunno if they will dedicate another draft to Rod.

Definitely curious to see how much the values of these players fluctuate over the next 6-7 months

Sydla

Reaction score
Might want to think about drafting an OT, maybe a LT.

Ducks.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
'll be surprised if we go DT in the first. Of course, if he is the BPA, then sure, but if Collins develops into that stud 3-tech, I'm not sure if we will invest so highly in a 1 tech/another 3 tech guy that high.
In the simulator, Vea was by far the BPA when the Cowboys were on the clock, like 15 spots higher than the next ranked player. 1-tech might be a need with Paea only signing a 1-year deal and the team can free up some cap room from moving on from Thornton before next season.

Another corner in the third?
One, I don't think Marshall lasts this long in real life. Two, the team could easily move on from Nolan Carroll and there were a lot of rumors about the team moving on from Orlando Scandrick, who is now on the wrong side of 30.

Then another safety and a corner on day 3
Yes, I'm not a Jeff Heath fan at all. Think he will hurt us this year. Kyzir White will be long gone by pick 176. One of my favorite prospects in 2018.

but that's a heavy draft on the defense.
Dunno if they will dedicate another draft to Rod.
Why not? The offense is pretty solid minus question marks at left guard. This defense is far from championship level. The offense is legit.

John813

Reaction score
In the simulator, Vea was by far the BPA when the Cowboys were on the clock, like 15 spots higher than the next ranked player. 1-tech might be a need with Paea only signing a 1-year deal and the team can free up some cap room from moving on from Thornton before next season.

One, I don't think Marshall lasts this long in real life. Two, the team could easily move on from Nolan Carroll and there were a lot of rumors about the team moving on from Orlando Scandrick, who is now on the wrong side of 30.

Yes, I'm not a Jeff Heath fan at all. Think he will hurt us this year. Kyzir White will be long gone by pick 176. One of my favorite prospects in 2018.

Why not? The offense is pretty solid minus question marks at left guard. This defense is far from championship level. The offense is legit.

1. Just don't see Rod advocating for a DT that high. Especially a one tech. Think we may go bargain bin hunting there again.

2. True, and it's not a guarantee that the class of this year all turn out to be studs at corner.

3. TBD for Heath, but we also drafted, and traded up for Woods. Hey, at that point in the draft if White is bpa I won't have too many worries.

4. I should of worded it better. I don't think we wait till day 3 to draft an offensive player. Although the offense is further along, I think we may once again look strongly at a WR or a TE in day 2. IIRC we were high on JuJu. Even with Switzer, I only see him being more of a slot guy for now

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If they draft a DT in the first, it would be another 3 Tech type to have 2 players playing the 3 gap in subpackages. Definitely possible they go that route in the first. I dont know of Vea fits their archtype though.

For me, I think WR and Safety will be at the top of their needs in 2018

waving monkey

Reaction score

If your first two picks became our reality I would be one happy Cowboy fan. Won't happen but our team would be set on the D/line.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I think reality just slapped me in the face with prime picks still devoted to DE.

sbark

Reaction score
S.dak.state wr not quite c.Kupp but might be close after his senior year. Solid kid. Same school who turned out the rb Zach zenner at Detroit who had a great 1st half against Dallas last year.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I love me a thick, mean stinky Defensive Tackle! Nose Tackle. 335lbs. No more of this 300lb nose tackle weaksauce that Marinelli seems to be in love with.

Sydla

Reaction score
Ideally I'd like some DT help, a freaky athlete at DE, some OL help and a TE out of this draft. That's assuming that the DBs we drafted this year pan out somewhat and Smith can help solidify the MLB spot.

ghst187

Reaction score
I love me a thick, mean stinky Defensive Tackle! Nose Tackle. 335lbs. No more of this 300lb nose tackle weaksauce that Marinelli seems to be in love with.

I can't see us picking DT if Malik balls like I think he will plus Paea plays well being back in his best position.
I think it really could be a year where we finally target someone and trade up....for a Passrusher, safety, or CB. I don't think we will have enough roster openings for all the picks we will have, like 12 or so? Plus we don't have a lot of needs. We need top end quality more than depth and I hate seeing guys we use picks on go to the PS or get cut altogether. I would rather package a few picks and move up in cases like we will be in this coming draft....if there are guys we want at positions of need.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Would trade out Vita Vea for DaRon Hand from Alabama, listed at 319 lbs 3-tech, but put him next to Collins at the 1-tech and whoo hoo ! That would be a hell of a middle of our front line !