Video: Neville Gallimore Highlights

chagus

Reaction score
Yes - but in an interview last week McCoy said "I would love to go back to Tampa."
Yeah' i heard about that too. I'd rather Cowboys retain McCoy more so for the mentoring aspect. Looks like coach Lett will have to take up that slack.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Ironically, Gallimore is the 1T Marinelli was always looking for. A hustle guy with elite speed at 300+ to track down a QB when the pocket breaks down.

Not a guy with length to keep guys off him and make moves to get upfield, but a 6-2 guy to get vertical leverage under standard 6-5 olinemen, with burst to make his move and get directional leverage before you can anchor, and then the power to push through your opposition if you didn't get that anchor. He's not running around you. He's a guy to mess up the pocket. To get a push.

I like him as a balanced 1T, more pass than run. We tended to put 3Ts in as LDT on passing downs, but I'd rather have a Gallimore there for balance. He gives you things pass rushing from LDT that the 3Ts don't. Can rotate to 3T for more run defense, and will still give you something at pass rush. But I like him better pass rushing at 1T. He fits the requirements there better.

Nice 1T/3T tweener. I still want a true tree stump 1T for short yardage run defense. We've short changed that for years. Then 2 3Ts. That's a nice game rotation. Then stop shortchanging run defense on the DT roster, and carry 5.

Then *play* our top DEs. 60% snaps for Lawrence? Can't spend 20mil on a part timer. Play Lawrence and Gregory.

He has a first step that guys 1 gap away did not get close to him reach block him. He is fast enough to beat straight up blocks at a decent clip.

He has good arm length and is learning to punch with leverage and windup. When it comes together he ragdolls interior linemen.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe that's why the Cowboys are thinking about retaining McCoy?
It's no secret Gallimore and Gerald McCoy have kept in touch. A healthy McCoy being around, besides what he can actually do himself, would be a great mentor for Gallimore who is taking the next step or two toward being a big name in the league.