Video: Neville Gallimore Highlights

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
yeah I should have said that clearly lol..but hey Gallimore was a good start. Donny Wilson is starting to turn into a Gem. There IS some hope.
Lets give the rook a chance, he showed some flashes and quickness from the los that the great ones in the league do on a regular basis, but it was positive steps and Im happy knowing that we have a really
young DT showing early flashes of potential greatness.
How could anyone not be excited about the future of this young DT?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He has the potential to be a good rotational guy in his second season, but I think people need to pump the brakes. Even Hill showed some flashes in the disaster that was the 2020 Cowboys defense. I think we became so accustomed to awful play, that any level of moderately good play was blown out of proportion. Honestly, the only defender that showed much of anything is Wilson. And Diggs wasn't terrible.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
yeah I should have said that clearly lol..but hey Gallimore was a good start. Donny Wilson is starting to turn into a Gem. There IS some hope.
I liked what I saw from Wilson as well, he had several productive games against Browns, Cardinals, Eagles, Vikings, WFT, and the 49ers.. thats enough to earn the right to start on this defense right now.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
My only issue with Gallimore is that little tik tok dance he did with Jaylon after the tackle for loss against the 49ers. Outside of that if he progresses from year 1 to year 2 he can be a solid contributor for us. He's better than Taco who was a 1st rounder and Gallimore was a 4th, so I'm pumped about this guy.
ya that tik tok dance is where it starts,, lets just pray that Big Boy concentrates on his game more than Jaylon has.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I

I want them to just play hill and gallimore tbh. Dallas isn't contenders this season so get the young guys more experience. Armstrong isn't the answer either and mccoy is bottom of the league as a dt and a back up at best anyway.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
[How many feel like he can take a step to being an
impact player next year?

Ironically, Gallimore is the 1T Marinelli was always looking for. A hustle guy with elite speed at 300+ to track down a QB when the pocket breaks down.

Not a guy with length to keep guys off him and make moves to get upfield, but a 6-2 guy to get vertical leverage under standard 6-5 olinemen, with burst to make his move and get directional leverage before you can anchor, and then the power to push through your opposition if you didn't get that anchor. He's not running around you. He's a guy to mess up the pocket. To get a push.

I like him as a balanced 1T, more pass than run. We tended to put 3Ts in as LDT on passing downs, but I'd rather have a Gallimore there for balance. He gives you things pass rushing from LDT that the 3Ts don't. Can rotate to 3T for more run defense, and will still give you something at pass rush. But I like him better pass rushing at 1T. He fits the requirements there better.

Nice 1T/3T tweener. I still want a true tree stump 1T for short yardage run defense. We've short changed that for years. Then 2 3Ts. That's a nice game rotation. Then stop shortchanging run defense on the DT roster, and carry 5.

Then *play* our top DEs. 60% snaps for Lawrence? Can't spend 20mil on a part timer. Play Lawrence and Gregory.

Motorola

Reaction score
If he could play every game like he did in the Steelers game we would have a HOFer. Excited to see what he can do next year, so far 4th round pick has promise.
Showed progress as a Sooner (2018 Honorable Mention All-Big 12\ 2019 Second Team All-Big 12)
Gallimore did all that with **** for coaching. Just think how good the kid will be. He will be a perennial pro bowler for us.
Keep Jaylond away from him! We don't need any more players to be infected with stupidity
Is there any member\leader of the DLine group that can mentor-spur Gallimore to maximize his potential (Lawrence, Gregory)....or is the Cowboys locker room atmosphere devoid of defensive leadership?

chagus

Reaction score
Showed progress as a Sooner (2018 Honorable Mention All-Big 12\ 2019 Second Team All-Big 12)

Is there any member\leader of the DLine group that can mentor-spur Gallimore to maximize his potential (Lawrence, Gregory)....or is the Cowboys locker room atmosphere devoid of defensive leadership?

Maybe that's why the Cowboys are thinking about retaining McCoy?