Neville Gallimore in year 2

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I went back and watched some of his highlights.. I know he played well but this highlight video is a good refresher to just how good he may end up being for us and we really need him to show up next season.

The game against Pittsburgh was quality.

Shout out to Trysten Hill too before he tore his knee.

conner01

Reaction score
Gallimore is an effort player
Quinn will love him
He may never be a super star but you will get his best every week
Hill has talent
It’s just getting him to put in the work
I thought he was coming around before the injury
A contract coming up, new staff and lots of competitors may bring the best out of him

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Gallimore flashed, so you have to hope he can learn to consistently show what he showed in bits and spurts.

Hill was bad. Some seem to be giving him a mulligan for being named a starter, but that's all he was ... a starter in name, not game.

Both were part of one of the worst run defenses of all times. Some of that blame goes on Nolan, but the players are responsible too, especially our defensive tackles. Hopefully, we've done enough to change that both in changing schemes and adding personnel.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Gallimore is an effort player
Quinn will love him
He may never be a super star but you will get his best every week
Hill has talent
It’s just getting him to put in the work
I thought he was coming around before the injury
A contract coming up, new staff and lots of competitors may bring the best out of him

If he starts having more games like that Pittsburgh game he’ll be an All Pro haha.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gallimore flashed, so you have to hope he can learn to consistently show what he showed in bits and spurts.

Hill was bad. Some seem to be giving him a mulligan for being named a starter, but that's all he was ... a starter in name, not game.

Both were part of one of the worst run defenses of all times. Some of that blame goes on Nolan, but the players are responsible too, especially our defensive tackles. Hopefully, we've done enough to change that both in changing schemes and adding personnel.

Hill was not bad, he was making some plays and showed flashes of why he was drafted before his injury.
Now does that carry over into this season, can he improve and in a better defense. Who knows. But I am looking forward to see of he does improve.
However there is enough competition now to make him compete or be gone.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Hill was not bad, he was making some plays and showed flashes of why he was drafted before his injury.
Now does that carry over into this season, can he improve and in a better defense. Who knows. But I am looking forward to see of he does improve.
However there is enough competition now to make him compete or be gone.

Hill was bad. He tried hard. He hustled. But he was bad. A few highlight plays do not change the fact that he doesn't stay low and OL are able to turn and steer him wherever they want him to go.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I went back and watched some of his highlights.. I know he played well but this highlight video is a good refresher to just how good he may end up being for us and we really need him to show up next season.

Didn't he sit all year before that game?

I got him pegged as a possible break out guy in 2021. Alot of power and uphill burst

quickccc

Reaction score
depends upon the scheme, if we're switching to a 3-4 and its a 2 gap, that will change things for him in a more read-react than one gap slant upfield 3-4 scheme.
dunno if we can even say 3 tech anymore.
its a wait and see ... ditto for Hill as well.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I think Gallimore has a chance to be a solid DT, Hill? I am not holding my breath. Would not be surprised to see him cut before the end of training camp. I know he flashed a few plays, but on the rest, he was getting handled. I hope I am wrong about him.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

He can be like Irvin.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Hill should be cut next year. Gallimore and osa should compete for starting 3t.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Hill should be cut next year. Gallimore and osa should compete for starting 3t.
Hill showed promise before his injury. You can’t give up on a player that the coaching staff didn’t like abs wouldn’t play his entire rookie year. He showed some positives last year in what was his actual rookie season. Give him this year to show what he can do.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Be outstanding if he takes the next step up next season
Hill as well.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Hill showed promise before his injury. You can’t give up on a player that the coaching staff didn’t like abs wouldn’t play his entire rookie year. He showed some positives last year in what was his actual rookie season. Give him this year to show what he can do.
Nah hill played nfl serviceable for like 25 of his 200 snaps. He is not good the team will move on once we get better at the spot. Marinelli aint here no mo

chicago JK

Reaction score
I have solid hopes for Gallimore. Either as a real good rotation piece or as a solid starter. But solid starters are guys you typically want to upgrade. But I liked what I saw last year. I think he will be a good third round pick.

I will be surprised if Hill ever makes an impact. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he is cut this year.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I’m massively high on gallimore. The guy has all the traits you want in a 3T, but people underestimate how raw the guy was coming out of college. Super inconsistent last year, especially against the run, and I get the sense it’s because he struggled to read the oline. A raw prospect with an abbreviated offseason that shouldn’t be a huge surprise. I’m hopeful gallimore 2.0 is a pro bowl player.