Neville Gallimore to Miami

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Gallimore got lazy just as his career arc started to point up. Showed up fat to 2022 camp and was in the coaches' doghouse the past two seasons. Bye.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Gallimore was supposed to be a pocket penetrator. He had 4 sacks in 4 years. 11 TFLs and 9 credited QB hits in those 4 years too. No fumbles forced. None recovered. He was a complete and total bum.

In the Jerry era no position has had a worse group of players than DT.
:hammer:....And I even have my doubts about Osa/Mazi too.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Gallimore got lazy just as his career arc started to point up. Showed up fat to 2022 camp and was in the coaches' doghouse the past two seasons. Bye.
I blame the coaches.....told him to put on weigh to play the 1 tech. He did what was asked of him. Mark this down as another player this organization ruined because of poor scouting.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I blame the coaches.....told him to put on weigh to play the 1 tech. He did what was asked of him. Mark this down as another player this organization ruined because of poor scouting.
Gallimore had weight problems even in college. Didn't even really have much draft stock until he slimmed down a little and then he got big again.

Brax

Reaction score
Not only starters but now even the backups are leaving the Cowboys. Talk about losing half of your team while having very limited draft picks and not much cap space available. 2024 sounds like it could become a tank year.
Not you too! All in here we go

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It’s about time for Gholston to get more reps. 1 FA like Hankins or someone else + 1 draft pick, and you’re fine at DT. No worse than last season.

LittleD

Reaction score
Hankins is looking for a longer term deal and much more money than he got last year. With all the departures, he will likely get a better deal elsewhere. Looks
like we will need a mostly new OL and DL just to play the games next year. I don't smell "Fresh Cash", I smell "Tank" the season cause the rebuild has begun.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A player is gone that most wanted gone. And yet they are bashing Jerry about letting him go.

Whiny fans.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
It’s about time for Gholston to get more reps. 1 FA like Hankins or someone else + 1 draft pick, and you’re fine at DT. No worse than last season.
They are not fine at all. They need 3 good new DT’s period. The weakness at this position gets exposed immediately come playoff time going all the way back to the 2019 Rams divisional loss. This team just doesn’t get it.

quickccc

Reaction score
With Gallimore gone, here are our current DT's:

Osa
Mazi
Carl Davis
Hankins (UFA)

Hankins is not ours again, until we somehow manage to re-sign him again.

Expect a combination of current status quo, late round draftees, undrafted rookies, practice squaders, and bargain binge vet street FAs to all hop on board next camp.

it's not gonna be pretty handy for new DC Zimmer.

quickccc

Reaction score
I had no problem at all drafting Gallimore in the 3rd rd.

Pre-draft, Neville had impressive Senior Practice sessions per report, he was a workout measure wonder, and it's not like he was a first rounder. I thought he'd come into his own when he slung Washington center aside like a
stuffed toy rag doll ..en route to an impressive sack.

It's extremely hard to gem find stud starting DTs, much less very effective rotation guys.

I'm not the biggest Chauncey Gholston fan. Always thought he'd be a grunt than a stud.
But left up to McClay and his evaluation board. He's more of a tweener, and an average one at that.

Not speedy enuff to play edge DE ..and not big enough to ever be full time DT.
I thought he'd be more of a Tyron Crawford tweener, but i cannot really say he's been that level at
this point of his career. Definitely not warranted a 3rd rd pick we drafted him in.

quickccc

Reaction score
Should we add vastly inexperience Junior Fehoko, to the current mix ?
Quinn reportedly envisioned him as a future 3 tech.
But i never hear much about him or his near future potential.
I actually forgot he was still on the roster.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not only starters but now even the backups are leaving the Cowboys. Talk about losing half of your team while having very limited draft picks and not much cap space available. 2024 sounds like it could become a tank year.
Jerry is MAD and guess who the scapegoats are going to be?????????????????

MikeT22

Reaction score
Hankins is not ours again, until we somehow manage to re-sign him again.

Expect a combination of current status quo, late round draftees, undrafted rookies, practice squaders, and bargain binge vet street FAs to all hop on board next camp.

it's not gonna be pretty handy for new DC Zimmer.
Yeah, I expect an aging released vet on a one yr deal and a 6th or 7th rounder. Weeeee….

CowboysRule

Reaction score
That is true of every team in the league not just the Cowboys.
Most people on this site have no idea what happens on other teams. They only follow the Cowboys and cry about every move. We resign someone, they complain. Someone signs with someone else, they complain. In their minds all other teams sign whoever they like to whatever contract the team prefers, every player has no off field issues or even life, they just practice and watch film all day. But for some reason they stick with the Cowboys...