New Appreciation For The Cowboys Success

Thomas82

Reaction score
I was just reading an article on Roy Williams from www.freep.com, Detroit's online site for their newspaper. He talks about how the Lions have lost so many games since they drafted him (46 out of 67 to be exact) that he stopped counting. He talked about how he felt out of place when he went to the Pro Bowl a couple of years back because most of his teammates made the playoffs, and his team went 3-13. Roy Williams also said that he believes that the Lions are cursed. I did some research a few minutes agao and found something that was TOTALLY SHOCKING to me. One thing that's for sure is that the Lions have been mismanaged almost since the Ford Family took over the team. I'm sure most of us on this board realize that the last time the Lions won a playoff game was against us in 1991, but here is what blew me away: Did you know that very same game is the Lion's ONLY PLAYOFF WIN SINCE 1957!!??!!? You got to be kiddin' me, 1 PLAYOFF VICTORY IN THE LAST 51 YEARS!! Not even the Raiders and Cardinals, the NFL's other 2 most futile teams can compete with that. That is UNBELIEVEABLE, and it makes me appreciate the Cowboys' success and storied history that much more.

Here is to us adding to that history this year!!

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Thomas82;2285903 said:
I was just reading an article on Roy Williams from www.freep.com, Detroit's online site for their newspaper. He talks about how the Lions have lost so many games since they drafted him (46 out of 67 to be exact) that he stopped counting. He talked about how he felt out of place when he went to the Pro Bowl a couple of years back because most of his teammates made the playoffs, and his team went 3-13. Roy Williams also said that he believes that the Lions are cursed. I did some research a few minutes agao and found something that was TOTALLY SHOCKING to me. One thing that's for sure is that the Lions have been mismanaged almost since the Ford Family took over the team. I'm sure most of us on this board realize that the last time the Lions won a playoff game was against us in 1991, but here is what blew me away: Did you know that very same game is the Lion's ONLY PLAYOFF WIN SINCE 1957!!??!!? You got to be kiddin' me, 1 PLAYOFF VICTORY IN THE LAST 51 YEARS!! Not even the Raiders and Cardinals, the NFL's other 2 most futile teams can compete with that. That is UNBELIEVEABLE, and it makes me appreciate the Cowboys' success and storied history that much more.

Here is to us adding to that history this year!!

No appreciate Jerry Jones even more. Bill Ford Sr. is one of the worst owners in Football. Now, he is not Bill Bidwell and not spend money or like Browns of Bungles.

But Bill Ford just doesn't hire good ones to run his franchise and seldom fires people quick enough on incompetence. Lions still don't have high hopes of getting a good GM.

Who the heck takes a TV commentators and makes him Highest paid NFL excecutive?

Thomas82

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2285922 said:
No appreciate Jerry Jones even more. Bill Ford Sr. is one of the worst owners in Football. Now, he is not Bill Bidwell and not spend money or like Browns of Bungles.

But Bill Ford just doesn't hire good ones to run his franchise and seldom fires people quick enough on incompetence. Lions still don't have high hopes of getting a good GM.

Who the heck takes a TV commentator and makes him Highest paid NFL excecutive?

I do appreciate Jerry Jones, but what I meant was the Cowboys' overall success since their inception in 1960. As for the worst owners, you can throw Al Davis in the equation to, even though the Raiders were good for a while, I don't know what got into Al Davis over the years, and that situation won't change until he is replaced as the Raiders owner. I also forgot to mention that the Lions only have 9 playoff appearances in that same 51 year span. As for you last question, only the Lions would do something that dumb.

CowboyMark

Reaction score
The lions only playoff victory was against the cowboys in 1991. But yes I'm glad that I have a legendary team like the cowboys to cheer on. Mainly because all my other teams suck. Rangers, Mavericks, FC Dallas, TCU, and Tigres. The stars are OK, but they have given me more excitement in 10 years than all my other teams combined. It's sad really. But like I said atleast I have the cowboys.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
I have to add to this, that Lions fans have to be by far, best Sports fans. Even during their down years, heck forever now, they usually have full stadium.

You can't say that for even some winning teams, like Jagaurs.

Thomas82

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2286336 said:
That has to be some kind of record for all pro sports.

Oh, and they had only 15 winning seasons in theat time frame, 30 losing seasons, and 6 mediocre seasons. Not even the Bengals or the Cardinals can make that claim. It's hard to be so bad for so long. I don't know how they do it, but the Lions are doing a heck of a job at it.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RCowboyFan;2286281 said:
I have to add to this, that Lions fans have to be by far, best Sports fans. Even during their down years, heck forever now, they usually have full stadium.

You can't say that for even some winning teams, like Jagaurs.

They may be "the best" as far as blind loyalty, but continuing to buy tickets when you know management isn't doing what it needs to do and probably never will, isn't too bright. Why should William Clay Ford improve the franchise when he knows he will have a full house regardless? He gets the revenue while the idiots fans pay their hard earned money as they ***** and moan over the team's futility. It's like going to a horrible restaurant over and over, complaining about the food, but continuing to patronize the joint. Why should the owner spend time and money improving the menu when he knows you're going to keep coming back anyway?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Damn Erik Kramer

Roy Williams may be the single most overated football player in the NFL. Maybe he should step up and help win games..... nah

lets trade a #1 for this guy - lol