New Cba

Playmaker247

Reaction score
I don’t really know much about this but I feel like this isn’t being talked about enough. With the CBA ending after this year I feel like that should have a huge impact on these negotiations. I see why players would want to get their money now because they’re might be a work stoppage. But from a teams perspective, maybe the CBA will expand the cap or something idk. Just wanted to get y'all's thoughts on the CBA ending and how you think that’s impacting negotiations.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The NFL brings in over 14 billion dollars a year. Teams get 188 million dollars annually to split among its 63 plus players. That's the cap.

More than likely the NFLPA is negotiating for a bigger piece of the pie. Because right now the players are getting less than half of the net profits.

So the cap is about to expand and players know it. Which means the players, who have contracts ending before the new CBA want to cash in on the expanded cap even before it happens.

But yes, if I was a player I'd want my guarantees that come with a new contract before the CBA ends. Just in case there is a work stoppage.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I don’t really know much about this but I feel like this isn’t being talked about enough. With the CBA ending after this year I feel like that should have a huge impact on these negotiations. I see why players would want to get their money now because they’re might be a work stoppage. But from a teams perspective, maybe the CBA will expand the cap or something idk. Just wanted to get y'all's thoughts on the CBA ending and how you think that’s impacting negotiations.

Yep. I have brought it a few times.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The CBA ends after the 2020 season, not this this year which is the 2019 season.

If you don't know much about it, I would recommend not worrying about the details.

There will be an infinite amount of discussions about it and much of that information will be false or misleading.

A player signing a contract now, vs signing a contract immediately after the new CBA is signed is not likely to be impacted significantly either way.

A work-stoppage is only a problem if the player does not have enough money saved to live on for that period of time which would be 1 season at the absolute worst case.

The media loves these types of issues because it gives them unlimited talking points.