New Coaching Hires Mock

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Is ziggy a homer pick Hos?:laugh1:
I mean it looks like he doesn't know he has arms and hands, let's guys get into his body. I've seen him tossed around before. I don't know. But I'm very curious to know more of your opinion on ziggy.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Hostile;4972388 said:
Using the CBS rankings right now, so blame them.

For those who don't like Mathieu, have you seen the video of his recent interview?

if he actually measures in at 5'10, I'd consider watching the video. But I think he'll measure in at 5'8 or so, which means his celing is 3rd/4th CB and special teams ace. Considering his baggage, I wouldn't bother.

mickswag

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4971895 said:
I really don't want to waste a pick on the honey badger at all but I can't complain about the pick if it is in the 7th round because even if he gets kicked off the team down the road...chances are he will still have contributed more than most 7th rounders do and you don't lose much money.

As far as the rest of the mock...sign me up. :cool:

We don't have a 7th round pick this year.

mickswag

Reaction score
Wouldn't be a bad draft at all, Hos. But I do agree with Risen here. The two Williams players and Barner will probably be gone before those picks.

jcollins28

Reaction score
Hostile;4971871 said:
144. Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon, 5'11", 192. We have got to have a RB who can carry the load if Murray goes down. I think we need a RB who can catch the ball and even help in the return games. Here is my pet cat RB this year. Speed to burn and more moves than Ex Lax. He is versatile and he plays hard every snap.

Homer-ism aside I like Franklin better. They are slated to go around the same round of the draft. Franklin has a better body for the NFL and has been more consistent and have not had his stats padded by playing in a gimmick offense.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Hos,

I like it and hopes it goes this way but I do not think your 2-4 picks will be there when we pick. I think they will be picked at least a round earlier. Jones will be picked in early 2nd or late 1st in my opinion.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind this draft. However, I believe a safety will be taken relatively high.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
like your draft Hos, but it makes too much sense, i think they draft a Safety high. perhaps even as early as the 1st round, i got Vaccaro going to us, i also think they might take a QB at some point also.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Illini88228;4973281 said:
Here's Ansah's game versus SDSU

[youtube]h9h5CJFMlt8[/youtube]

Wow. THAT is supposed to be a first round pick?

I think Ekuban was actually better than that guy.

Reaction score
Nice write up, but Ansah is way overrated. Jones doesn't last to 48 especially considering his success at tackle and how many underclassmen tackles went back to school. Agree that both Williams go higher than you have them.

To do a Cowboys mock right, you need to stop drafting players that everyone has heard about after the third round.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Illini88228;4973281 said:
Here's Ansah's game versus SDSU

[youtube]h9h5CJFMlt8[/youtube]
That was not one of his best games; however, SDSU came into that game focused on not letting Ansah beat them. You have to look at how their OLine played him. Ansah was a big reason that Van Noy had a big game.

Some examples of how they were blocking:
7:11
7:34
7:42
7:52

How many blockers do they have on Ansah?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
RS12;4972031 said:
Ansah is the biggest boom/bust prospect in years. Somebody gonna end up either very happy or unhappy. I bet he works out great though. I got no problems rolling the bones on the badger in the sixth.

Dontari Poe disagrees with you.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'd take it.

I've got some questions about Ansah though. He didn't play in the right system and I don't think he'll be used in the NFL the same way he was in college. Also not sure I see the freak athlete that some see. I personally don't even think he'll go in the first since he's a bit of a project.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Like those Oregon backs. Is this the third year in a row you've had us drafting one?

Good draft but I would prefer someone a little more polished with #1.