New Cowboy next season

BHendri5

Reaction score
I believe Alshon will be with us next season. How do everyone feel about that if it happens

LittleD

Reaction score
I believe Alshon will be with us next season. How do everyone feel about that if it happens

Nope, we'll spend on defense and draft another WR in training. Butler will take over number two unless he spits the bit.

chagus

Reaction score
No. They need to go defense heavy next offseason and draft.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Nope, we'll spend on defense and draft another WR in training. Butler will take over number two unless he spits the bit.

I actually like T-Will more than Butler at the #2 spot. He's not very good overall, but he can stretch the field in a way that Butler can't.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
i like Jeffery, a lot actually but getting him to play opposite of Bryant would be a luxury not really a need IMO. I'm not suggesting we are set at WR2 but this defense needs more help.

Plus he's been injured a lot in recent seasons. I don't have the numbers in front of me but it appears he has missed time consistently for a few seasons now.

RS12

Reaction score
They'll draft a WR to replace Williams at a fraction of what Jeffry would cost. They'll mostly draft defense and spend mostly on defense.

Last edited:

LittleD

Reaction score
I actually like T-Will more than Butler at the #2 spot. He's not very good overall, but he can stretch the field in a way that Butler can't.

T-Will will not remain a Cowboy. He wants to make some money and I think he only comes back here if he's
willing to take a really modest contract. He can't separate and is a body catcher. He just doesn't have elite
WR skills. Butler just needs some chances to start and I think you would see this guy bloom.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
T-Will will not remain a Cowboy. He wants to make some money and I think he only comes back here if he's
willing to take a really modest contract. He can't separate and is a body catcher. He just doesn't have elite
WR skills. Butler just needs some chances to start and I think you would see this guy bloom.

I don't know that there's money out there for WIlliams. I could see him taking a one year prove it deal like McClain and Claiborne have. We'll see. Williams can't separate with his route running, but he can with his speed. Granted, he drops too many of them.

I hope you're right about Butler and we'll see. I think he could be the better player overall, but I just don't see him as a consistent deep threat.

LittleD

Reaction score
I don't know that there's money out there for WIlliams. I could see him taking a one year prove it deal like McClain and Claiborne have. We'll see. Williams can't separate with his route running, but he can with his speed. Granted, he drops too many of them.

I hope you're right about Butler and we'll see. I think he could be the better player overall, but I just don't see him as a consistent deep threat.

My best guess is that they will find a WR in the draft but, probably not early. I think defense will rule the draft and FA next year.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Hightower to play SLB or MLB if Smith never makes it back. Some decent 30+ DEs, I doubt Berry and Poe make it to FA.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
My best guess is that they will find a WR in the draft but, probably not early. I think defense will rule the draft and FA next year.

I certainly hope that most of our resources go to the defense. Cheers to that!