New Cowboys fan here

Gabe

Reaction score
Dak has made me a new Cowboys fan and I am looking forward to the ride!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm new here too. You joined right in the middle of a mass exodus from a different site, so you're far from alone in being "the new guy". ....but welcome!!

strollinruss

Reaction score
Well congrats! Who did you used to root for? I guess it doesn't matter as long as you're for the good guys now.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Don't be shy... you can say the name of the other place without having to watch for lightning. CCastillo can't throw laser beams at us over here.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gaaaaaabbbbbeeeee, we were waiting on you. We're part of a nomadic tribe of trouble makers exiled from our home planet but we're pretty much long time fans of the Cowboys. Meeting a new fan is very cool.

How did Dak bring you to the Boys? You a Mississippi boy? It's OK, you can tell us. I was born in Arkansas and I turned out...um, we'll come back to that after you loan me money to buy some likes here. The Overlord of the Zone won't give us any so we're going to buy them but i need more money and you came along at the perfect time. Gabe, I will not insult you by calling it a loan as I have no intention of repaying it. But I will use my first like on you.

Gabe

Reaction score
Hey guys, I grew up in Mississippi. I also graduated from Mississippi State and live in Texas now. My wife went to Texas A&M. I'll be honest I mostly pulled for the team playing the Cowboys and spent most of time religiously following SEC college football.

Have had the privilege to follow Dak's career for the past 4-5 years extremely closely. It is funny because EVERTHING he is doing for the Cowboys now, he did for MSU in many respects. The difference is now he is on the biggest stage in all of sports. Trust me, it is only going to get better with him.

I remember several years ago a guy who follows sports much closer than I do said with a straight face that Dak would become the Michael Jordan of the NFL. I believed him then and even moreso believe him now.

My brother and I swore that whomever drafted Dak, whether it be the Browns or Cowboys... That we would become HUGE fans. So here I am. Looking forward to enjoying this ride.

Gabe

Reaction score
My father in law has been working on me though... Im not a complete newb. I know all about TOCTCHEH, The Hail Mary, The Original 88, The Manster, Hollywood Henderson... All before my time. But, he is bringing me up to speed.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I grew up in Mississippi. I also graduated from Mississippi State and live in Texas now. My wife went to Texas A&M. I'll be honest I mostly pulled for the team playing the Cowboys and spent most of time religiously following SEC college football.

Have had the privilege to follow Dak's career for the past 4-5 years extremely closely. It is funny because EVERTHING he is doing for the Cowboys now, he did for MSU in many respects. The difference is now he is on the biggest stage in all of sports. Trust me, it is only going to get better with him.

I remember several years ago a guy who follows sports much closer than I do said with a straight face that Dak would become the Michael Jordan of the NFL. I believed him then and even moreso believe him now.

My brother and I swore that whomever drafted Dak, whether it be the Browns or Cowboys... That we would become HUGE fans. So here I am. Looking forward to enjoying this ride.

Dak sucks. Welcome to CBZ! :D

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
My father in law has been working on me though... Im not a complete newb. I know all about TOCTCHEH, The Hail Mary, The Original 88, The Manster, Hollywood Henderson... All before my time. But, he is bringing me up to speed.

In truth and not because I'm a Cowboys homer. The Cowboys have some serious history. Many other teams do to, but there aren't many that have the same history the Cowboys have. From trouble to fashionable, to outright dominance. The Cowboys are all over the board. They have everything to love and to hate. I have no outside view as I grew up in Cowboys land, but I'm an INTJ and I tear everything down to it's root. The Cowboys are an interesting team with more color than I've seen anywhere. Even if I hadn't grown up here, they would always be an interest to me. Love'm or hate'm.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You sir are a fine young gentleman and a credit to the Magnolia State. The fact that your state bird is the mosquito and can stand flat footed and make love to a turkey does not diminish your transfiguration to all that is decent and good. Better to have turned to the light late than to have denied that light and remained in darkness. And those that do not love the Star dwell in darkness.

Your Daddy-in law is a fine upstanding gentleman and counters the fact your wife went to A&M. You listen to him, learn from his teachings, absorb his stories so rich in history and take pride in the new heritage that is now yours, young Gabe. And tonight when your knees hit the floor and your palms meet your face in reverence and you speak to your maker, you thank him that your wife did not get her prayers answered and we do not have that heathen Johnny Manziel.

Can I get an amen for young Gabe now baptized in the silver and blue? Oh, for the lame shall walk and the blind they shall see. And that pretty much describes our pass rush.

nobody

Reaction score
:welcome: Gabe! You joined right as a bunch of others are joining this site, so you have people going through it with you. It's fun meeting new fans. I hope you develop some wonderful memories with the Cowboys.

Londonboy

Reaction score
In truth and not because I'm a Cowboys homer. The Cowboys have some serious history. Many other teams do to, but there aren't many that have the same history the Cowboys have. From trouble to fashionable, to outright dominance. The Cowboys are all over the board. They have everything to love and to hate. I have no outside view as I grew up in Cowboys land, but I'm an INTJ and I tear everything down to it's root. The Cowboys are an interesting team with more color than I've seen anywhere. Even if I hadn't grown up here, they would always be an interest to me. Love'm or hate'm.
Follow that Star.