New Giants DC

RonWashington

Reaction score
Ex Titans DC Shane Bowen . These under the radar younger coaches who have experience have run units should be who Jerry is looking at instead of living in the past .

_sturt_

Reaction score
If by "living in the past," you mean "looking at coordinators with past success"... I don't get what you mean... how do you take a positive and make it a negative. That's bass-ackwards thinking.

I'm open to anyone, as long as there's an actual compelling argument to consider them.

Age is not an actual compelling argument to consider them. Or not consider them. It's irrelevant.

And the Cowboys are not at a developmental phase in the cycle... as NYG obviously is... that we should settle for rolling the dice on someone relatively inexperienced; that is, unless it's an internal candidate, and there's an actual compelling argument to consider them... by inference, Durde is someone who is a well-known quantity.

What I find interesting about the NYG situation is that Bowen plausibly will be looking to install his own people, and in turn, that could spring free the Giants' DL coach... Andre Patterson... who is a Mike Zimmer guy, and maybe the most Mike Zimmer guy in the fraternity of NFL coaches.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Rex Ryan Mike Zimmer Ron Rivera yes that’s “ living in the past . So was hiring MM . Going into year five Dallas is no closer than JG’s wheel spinning . But sure support Jerry as he hits the ground walking .