Video: New NFL Bag Policy

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
really? force a commercial to announce a bag policy?

i can't watch those things anymore. :(

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So much BS, I have to agree. Well, I'm pretty sure my Wife won't be going to games anymore. Her purse is one of those jumbo suitcase type deals and she doesn't go anywhere without it.

Also, I am slightly offended at the none too subtle way the NFL is trying to sell NFL cheapo clear bags to the entire family for what, 15/20 bucks a bag? Shameless.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was never one for taking big bags to games anyway, but I liked having the option just in case I needed more than ID and cash. That's OK, I'll just wear my coats with big pockets if I need to take more than the minimum.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Wannabe King Goodell strikes again!!!!

Any chance to slam Goodell and you'll take it.

Fact is, the NFL is being proactive. I think the teams saw what happened in Boston and want to make sure they don't have anything like that happening.

Good for the league to actually act before they have some disaster.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
If you watched the video, you can bring a gallon freezer bag. Those aren't expensive - maybe 25 cents each.

Of course I watched the video. I feel like it would be silly to bring in a freezer bag to an NFL game but that's my opinion.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Of course I watched the video. I feel like it would be silly to bring in a freezer bag to an NFL game but that's my opinion.

Just come out and say that you are pissed that you can't bring your man purse in. Nothing to be ashamed of. Lots of guys carry them. In Europe.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Just come out and say that you are pissed that you can't bring your man purse in. Nothing to be ashamed of. Lots of guys carry them. In Europe.

Think about the women!!! Lol It doesn't affect me at all but it effects all women though

superpunk

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS: NFL USES TERRORISM SCARE TO INCREASE PROFITS IN A POINTLESS GESTURE AIMED AT GETTING PEOPLE TO BUY BAGS AND BE UNABLE TO SMUGGLE SNACKS AND DRINKS INTO GAMES. MORE AT 11

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any chance to slam Goodell and you'll take it.

Fact is, the NFL is being proactive. I think the teams saw what happened in Boston and want to make sure they don't have anything like that happening.

Good for the league to actually act before they have some disaster.

I was referring to the idea of charging for the bags, not the idea of scrutinizing any contents in any bag or container.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS: NFL USES TERRORISM SCARE TO INCREASE PROFITS IN A POINTLESS GESTURE AIMED AT GETTING PEOPLE TO BUY BAGS AND BE UNABLE TO SMUGGLE SNACKS AND DRINKS INTO GAMES. MORE AT 11

I expect you could replace NFL with lots of different organizations here. I do think that some NFL stadiums might be reasonably considered targets. But places like Arrowhead or Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, maybe not so much. Not that transparent bags aren't a great idea for O-A CC.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I was referring to the idea of charging for the bags, not the idea of scrutinizing any contents in any bag or container.

So do you propose the league buys everyone bags? I would bet that many teams may provide that for season ticket holders but not others.

dogberry

Reaction score
Any chance one could get away with weaving beef jerky into the form of a belt and wearing it into the stadium?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So do you propose the league buys everyone bags? I would bet that many teams may provide that for season ticket holders but not others.

What's your problem here...are you always this way...
I'm a season ticket holder, and no they do not provide any bags.
However this year the Cowboys are are sending us a hat, t-shirt, sweat jacket, a polo shirt and a few other items. Supposed to be sent right before the season starts.