New NFL draft countdown Mock

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
The 18th pick pretty much stinks. I hope we trade down but the more you look at it the more difficult that's starting to look.

I will be shocked if our first pick doesn't weigh at least 240 pounds and possibly considerably more.
Really? I think most draft analysts would disagree with you. For the most part it seems that from about 15-25 there are some good value picks.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
theogt said:
Really? I think most draft analysts would disagree with you. For the most part it seems that from about 15-25 there are some good value picks.

If we could move down to 25 that's a different kettle of fish. Carpenter looks a lot better at 25 than 18, so does Whitner, so does Wimberly, Lawson, Winston and Watson. But 25 ain't 18. 18 would be ok for Jackson or Holmes but I can't see us going WR in the 1st.

If we were stuck at 18 and felt we didn't want to take one of the LB's because it was a reach I'd probably pull the trigger on Antonio Cromartie and put him at FS. He has the athletic ability to be a top 5 pick and the size to match up at FS. That could be a very sick secondary and Cromartie would give us automatic extra depth at CB.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
If we could move down to 25 that's a different kettle of fish. Carpenter looks a lot better at 25 than 18, so does Whitner, so does Wimberly, Lawson, Winston and Watson. But 25 ain't 18. 18 would be ok for Jackson or Holmes but I can't see us going WR in the 1st.

If we were stuck at 18 and felt we didn't want to take one of the LB's because it was a reach I'd probably pull the trigger on Antonio Cromartie and put him at FS. He has the athletic ability to be a top 5 pick and the size to match up at FS. That could be a very sick secondary and Cromartie would give us automatic extra depth at CB.
It all depends on #s 12 and 16. If neither picks a LB we can trade down. Otherwise we'll sit put and pick the BLBA.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why does someone always have us going after a QB, we already have 2 young guys developing. If anything we would go for a veteren with experience.

CriscoKidd

Reaction score
theogt said:
Apparently there was some sort of problem when I was looking at it. I refreshed several times and looked in a different browser and the previous mock was still up. Just looked now and its changed. Perhaps there was some sort of glitch.

actually something similar happened to me as well except it actually showed up when it refreshed the second time.

I actually like the 18 spot this year too. There are some big time guys that could easily slip into D's hands that could make a big impact on the team. There are also some guys that could slip and be prime trade bait for a good trade down.

And if neither of those happen, I'm satisfied with the other prospects that are available there.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
theogt said:
First, it was updated over a week ago.

Second, they have us taking Santonio Holmes (NOT DONTE WHITNER) in the first round and Sinorice Moss in the second round.

Two WRs huh NLFDC? Idiots.

Yeh, Parcells abandons his ball controll mixed with defense philosphy and goes 5 WR sets all day

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Yeh, Parcells abandons his ball controll mixed with defense philosphy and goes 5 WR sets all day
Hey, I'm game. TO, TG, Sinorice, Chad Jackson, Crayton. Woah.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:

You want to draft a corner(at #18) who has one career start? He may turn out to be a great corner in the nfl, but that fact scares the bejeebers out of me. Way too high for a a guy with one career start.