New numbers for rookies Hurd, Austin, Fasano, Hoyte?

Silverstar

Reaction score
14 Miles Austin WR 6-3 215 - Monmouth University
17 Sam Hurd WR 6-2 195 - North Illinois

I'm just curious, because #80 and #87 are no longer being used by Sean Ryan and J.R. Tolver.

46 Oliver Hoyte LB 6-3 250 NC State
47 Anthony Fasano TE 6-4 258 Notre Dame

Also, I wonder if rookies Fasano and Hoyte will change numbers.

MRTRIPOD

Reaction score
since WR's can numbers in the teens I don't imagine they would change unless that was their favorite or college number

the other two guys maybe?

I would think Hoyte would be the most likely

With Fasano playing some H back, it would make sense having a number in the 40's

Silverstar

Reaction score
MRTRIPOD said:
With Fasano playing some H back, it would make sense having a number in the 40's

Will Fasano play H back?

I thought Polite and Hannam were going to handle that.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Hoyte is a LB so he will have to get a new number. He has to be in the 50's or 90's. I hope the two WR's go for the numbers in the 80's but Fasano can keep 47 as far as I am concerned. He plays H-back mostly and I like the idea of having a guy with a number in the 40's on the field...it enhances my comfort zone, what can I say.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Silverstar said:
Will Fasano play H back?

I thought Polite and Hannam were going to handle that.
Fasano and Witten are the starting TE's and Witten plays the traditional TE spot. That leaves H-back for Fasano. Polite plays H-back also so I suppose they intend to have Hannem backup Witten. But Hannem's primary assignment will be ST and to come in as a third TE.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Silverstar said:
Brett Pierce did, but he's on IR.

I'm not sure if it's available now.
I thought we released Pierce with an injury settlement.

Silverstar

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I thought we released Pierce with an injury settlement.

Brett Pierce and E.J. Whitley are listed as IR at the DC.com website.

The latest news on Pierce...

July 30, 2006
Brett Pierce suffered a season-ending - and possibly career-ending - torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during the Cowboys' first day of training camp practice. The Cowboys eventually will place him on injured reserve. Incredibly, the tear was to the ACL doctors reconstructed last year after he suffered the same injury to the same knee against Detroit on Nov. 20. Pierce underwent reconstructive surgery Dec. 16 and was cleared to take part in the team's early-June mini-camp after spending the off-season rehabilitating.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Silverstar said:
Brett Pierce and E.J. Whitley are listed as IR at the DC.com website.

The latest news on Pierce...
Cool...I guess I didn't remember it correctly. It could have been that they released him injured and he cleared waivers so they stuck him on the IR ala Jacob Rogers...but I could be wrong on that as well.

Since he is on IR I think his number is technically available since he is not on the 53 man roster. I'd sure like to see that number on a top flight WR again though.

sf49rh8r

Reaction score
Aw hell it irks the hell out of me to see a defensive lineman were a 60's number. Must be too many Mojitos.lol. But I was a receiver in college and wore 24 so what the hell do I know. Now I've grown into a 50's number. Thank you beer and bar food.

cowboyed

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan, you quirky Canuk. Now if you lived in Ontario for most of your life you would be quite normal. What's next odd numbers vex you more than even numbers?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
JackMagist said:

I guess he's hoping that Hatcher would emulate another DE who wore #79 here...Mr. Harvey Martin, probably by far the best DE not in the Hall of Fame and better than a few who are there now

Martin just ate up QB's

David

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can someone explain to hurd that he needs to pick another number besides 17. :D

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Silverstar said:
14 Miles Austin WR 6-3 215 - Monmouth University
17 Sam Hurd WR 6-2 195 - North Illinois

I'm just curious, because #80 and #87 are no longer being used by Sean Ryan and J.R. Tolver.

46 Oliver Hoyte LB 6-3 250 NC State
47 Anthony Fasano TE 6-4 258 Notre Dame

Also, I wonder if rookies Fasano and Hoyte will change numbers.

Hurd will probably keep his number, but I see Austin changing. Probably not a big deal, as Austin is still on the bubble in my opinion.

Fasana will keep his number, IMO, and Hoyte will want to change his.