New season Better Call Saul starts tonight

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1st episode a little slow...only part that really held my interest was Mikes Part and it was reminiscent of Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills cop warehouse scene but without the humor.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1st episode a little slow...only part that really held my interest was Mikes Part and it was reminiscent of Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills cop warehouse scene but without the humor.
It is supposed to build this season and get more into the BB mold. He's supposed to make the final transition from Jimmy to Saul like Walter did to Heisenberg. They haven't let out which of the old characters are coming back yet.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man, I am one episode away from dumping this. Moves at a snail's pace and to top that off, I have to listen to him crunch cereal, for absolutely 0 reason, and talk with food in his mouth. This isn't remotely good enough to put up with that crap.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This season has been killer.

However I will say this...they might as well change the title to, Skip the Saul parts because they are a bore this season and just focus on the Salamancas and Gus part of the show with a sprinkling of Mike.

Really Jimmy's parts have been really slow and boring for the most part. This last episode he basically just bounces a ball against a window for most of his screen time.

Meanwhile the other parts of the show are killing it.

rynochop

Reaction score
That's what I thought to, if he was even planning on letting them leave to begin with, certainly not now
Didn't see that coming with Kim...bet those mesa verde people are up to their eyes in cartel money and that's what happens to her

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This season has been killer.

However I will say this...they might as well change the title to, Skip the Saul parts because they are a bore this season and just focus on the Salamancas and Gus part of the show with a sprinkling of Mike.

Really Jimmy's parts have been really slow and boring for the most part. This last episode he basically just bounces a ball against a window for most of his screen time.

Meanwhile the other parts of the show are killing it.
Agree, he's stepped back temporarily and just bounces the ball or eats cereal.

I thought the shots of the disintegration of their relationship were great, especially the ones when they were dining or brushing their teeth.

But from what we know, Jimmy was shaped into Saul with all of the events that took place around him and he's just taking punches now. Odenkirk is masterful with his face at registering all that is happening around him whether caused by him or not. He can still bounce that ball better than anyone else on television.

The one that is really boring me is Mike. His character needs to get into some serious killing, he's much happier then.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Something is going to happen to prevent him from getting his license to practice law again as Jimmy and Saul will be born out of it.

My guess is we will see Saul in the season finale.