new stadium name

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
jimmy40;2285117 said:
The Stadium Across from WalMart

haha, what an eyesore that whole area is around the stadium.

"Tom Landry Field" sponsored by Dr. Pepper

:)

or maybe "The Football Field At Arlington"...... naw, just doesn't flow well

jimmy40

Reaction score
HighTechDave;2285126 said:
haha, what an eyesore that whole area is around the stadium.

"Tom Landry Field" sponsored by Dr. Pepper

:)

or maybe "The Football Field At Arlington"...... naw, just doesn't flow well

I took the kids to do the Six Flags/Rangers/Hurricane Harbor thing and had to go to WalMart and couldn't believe that it is RIGHT THERE, lol. You get a hell of a view of the stadium from WalMart parking lot though. For anybody that hasn't been by there WalMart is literally 200 feet from the stadium itself. I have know idea if WalMart is staying there or not.

Rackat

Reaction score
Does Irving have the rights to the name "Texas Stadium", or does it belong to the Cowboys? If Irving owns it, they may not give up the rights to that name.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Summer's Eve Field at Midol Stadium

Man that would be great. :p:

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
Jerry Jones has already stated that he is not going to allow the corp. that buys the naming rights to tag OURS/HIS stadium with something that WE/HE cannot be proud of.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
theebs;2285358 said:
Its such a travesty.

Frigging wal mart.

It was there first. Are they just supposed to close up because Jerry builds next to it? lol

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2285445 said:
It was there first. Are they just supposed to close up because Jerry builds next to it? lol

yes

After Jerry writes another big fat check...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Stadium Where The Lord Rests On The Seventh Day.

With a Pepsi.

And pizza.

And with the most humongous, gosh darn remote control ever built for the biggest indoor television ever created. The Almighty's going upscale, baby!

sago1

Reaction score
Accept that whoever buys the naming rights will expect their company name to be on it. Just hope Jerry negotiates a deal that somehow includes the name of the Cowboys in it; i.e, Cisco's Cowboy Stadium or Cisco's Dallas Cowboy Stadium in Arlington, etc. Don't like the names of most new stadiums which just mention the company holding the naming rights w/o mentioning the team at all.

Frankly, I think Jerry is probably going to hold off as long as possible on actually awarding naming rights. If the Cowboys go deep into the playoffs and win the SB, price for naming rights just went through the roof. OTOH, given the problems in our economy is entirely possible he won't get any where near what he'd like. The one thing we can be sure of is that Jerry will be creative. If he can't get what he wants from one company, why not go multi-company; i.e. sell naming rights to Valley Ranch to one company, rights to the parking lots to another (including building possible parking garage), the main road around the stadium to another with connecting spooks/roads to another company (profits to be shared with Arlington) & duo of 2 huge companies who compatible as marketers to the actual stadium.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2285445 said:

That would be great.

Also dont count out Condom Sense which is a store at the end of the street walmart is on!!!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
HighTechDave;2285457 said:
yes

After Jerry writes another big fat check...

Wal Mart is worth more than Jerry will ever dream of and know they will get more business because of the stadium. There is no way Jerry could buy them out.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
theebs;2285482 said:
That would be great.

Also dont count out Condom Sense which is a store at the end of the street walmart is on!!!

Another store that can benefit from the stadium :lmao:

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I heard AT&T was in the lead for naming rights, but I think it should be:

"America's Stadium - Home of America's Team"

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

jimmy40

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2285507 said:
Wal Mart is worth more than Jerry will ever dream of and know they will get more business because of the stadium. There is no way Jerry could buy them out.
I would think Walmart trying to control their parking lot during games might be fun. They could probably make more charging for parking than being open for that 5 hours or so.