New to the board.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;1320525 said:
Thats good news, then if I wanted to talk about how Cliff Harris, Charlie Waters amd Dennis thurmann were the most underatted secondary in history, you guys will know exactly what I mean.

Uh well, sure.

Some of us go back to Mel Renfro, Cornell Green, Herb Adderly and even Mike Gaechter in the secondary.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;1320717 said:
What about the 1st ever 3rd down back Preston Pearson

How about this...When he first joined the team, Pearson was the only guy on the roster who had played for another team.

Talk about continuity.

Ah, those were the days....you rooted for players who played their entire careers with your team.

Stacy

Reaction score
I am also new and old around here. I had an account her quite a while ago and I am just back. There are a lot of new faces around here....

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Juke99;1322209 said:
Uh well, sure.

Some of us go back to Mel Renfro, Cornell Green, Herb Adderly and even Mike Gaechter in the secondary.

Wow even I don't go back that far, nice to know we have some vets around here

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Juke99;1322212 said:
How about this...When he first joined the team, Pearson was the only guy on the roster who had played for another team.

Talk about continuity.

Ah, those were the days....you rooted for players who played their entire careers with your team.
Thats what I miss more than anything, i remember there was never any smiling when you lost a game, whoever the opposing team was, we hated them, nowadays the guys hang out with eachother after the game, not that its wrong but I miss the good ole days

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Stacy;1322291 said:
I am also new and old around here. I had an account her quite a while ago and I am just back. There are a lot of new faces around here....

Welcome back, this time dont leave

:shades:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Stacy;1322291 said:

hi there cowboy:toast2: :stetson:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;1322369 said:
Thats what I miss more than anything, i remember there was never any smiling when you lost a game, whoever the opposing team was, we hated them, nowadays the guys hang out with eachother after the game, not that its wrong but I miss the good ole days

What I miss about the older version of the NFL was the continuity on each team.

Teams back then kept players around long enough to have nicknames...The Purple People Eaters....The Killer B's....Doomsday...The Fearsome Foursome...The Steel Curtain...etc.

Also, "parity" my arse. It's mediocrity. Teams are in the superbowl one year and then garbage the next.

There was something great about knocking off the reigning champs back then. Trying to climb the hill called the Green Bay Packers...

One of the greatest games ever was the Jets vs the Colts in the SB and the reason was, the Colts were a "dynasty" and the upstart Jets a serious underdog.

The Pats are today's dynasty...and I just read somewhere that they only have something like 6-7 guys on the team that were there when the first won SB just a few short years ago.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Juke99;1322951 said:
What I miss about the older version of the NFL was the continuity on each team.

Teams back then kept players around long enough to have nicknames...The Purple People Eaters....The Killer B's....Doomsday...The Fearsome Foursome...The Steel Curtain...etc.

Also, "parity" my arse. It's mediocrity. Teams are in the superbowl one year and then garbage the next.

There was something great about knocking off the reigning champs back then. Trying to climb the hill called the Green Bay Packers...

One of the greatest games ever was the Jets vs the Colts in the SB and the reason was, the Colts were a "dynasty" and the upstart Jets a serious underdog.

The Pats are today's dynasty...and I just read somewhere that they only have something like 6-7 guys on the team that were there when the first won SB just a few short years ago.
You are soo right, mediocracy is the norm nowadays, ohh well, I think we are so close if we get the right coaching.