Reaction score
:lmao2:
3mz8bv.jpg

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2 playoff wins over 9 seasons. Thats his legacy.

Part of it, yeah. What’s that got to do with the content of the podcast in your mind? I’m not clear why you’re having the reaction you’re having to this.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Part of it, yeah. What’s that got to do with the content of the podcast in your mind? I’m not clear why you’re having the reaction you’re having to this.

My reaction is in reference to your insistence that he's a good coach which is an absurd opinion.. The Podcast is just a further illustration that the coaching fraternity in the NFL is about who you know and not always merit based. .

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My reaction is in reference to your insistence that he's a good coach which is an absurd opinion.. The Podcast is just a further illustration that the coaching fraternity in the NFL is about who you know and not always merit based. .

More wins that anyone but Belichick or Payton over a four year period. Three of six division championships in the most recent period, and an NFL CotY award in that span. There’s no reasonable way to spin acknowledging that as “good” as an “absurd” opinion.

You simply don’t want to be reasonable because you’re mad his teams didn’t win more playoff games. I get it. You’re butt hurts. You’re upset with me that I won’t agree to share the phony outrage. But at least listen to the podcast if you’re going into the thread spewing the same old nonsense for absolutely no reason other than you’re having a Pavlovian reaction to the word “Garrett” in the title.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More wins that anyone but Belichick or Payton over a four year period. Three of six division championships in the most recent period, and an NFL CotY award in that span. There’s no reasonable way to spin acknowledging that as “good” as an “absurd” opinion.

You simply don’t want to be reasonable because you’re mad his teams didn’t win more playoff games. I get it. You’re butt hurts. You’re upset with me that I won’t agree to share the phony outrage. But at least listen to the podcast if you’re going into the thread spewing the same old nonsense for absolutely no reason other than you’re having a Pavlovian reaction to the word “Garrett” in the title.

You are actually on a very small island with that opinion. So lets not pretend which is the outlier opinion. Whether you admit or not, JG has taken a step backward taking an OC job and lucky he knows Saban or he'd be at home watching the games like us. You keep celebrating those division championships and shaking those team garret pom poms

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are actually on a very small island with that opinion. So lets not pretend which is the outlier opinion. Whether you admit or not, JG has taken a step backward taking an OC job and lucky he knows Saban or he'd be at home watching the games like us. You keep celebrating those division championships and shaking those team garret pom poms

I’m on a small island among anonymous internet fans. Sure. So what? You’re emotional and just wrong. My opinion is pretty consistently represented by people in the league and by the players and coaches who work with him. Why should I care what butthurt fans think? It’s a whiney mob. Uninteresting.

And whatever gave you the idea that I think a step down from HC of the Cowboys to OC of the Giants isn’t a step backwards? It’s this quality of analysis that makes it so easy for me to discount your assessments of anything else. It’s just so off-base it cant be taken seriously. It doesn’t matter how many of the other couple of dozen regular board member use the same sort of math to arrive at their opinions. If the argument doesn’t add up, it’s wrong. No matter how many people want it to be right.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m on a small island among anonymous internet fans. Sure. So what? You’re emotional and just wrong. My opinion is pretty consistently represented by people in the league and by the players and coaches who work with him. Why should I care what butthurt fans think? It’s a whiney mob. Uninteresting.

And whatever gave you the idea that I think a step down from HC of the Cowboys to OC of the Giants isn’t a step backwards? It’s this quality of analysis that makes it so easy for me to discount your assessments of anything else. It’s just so off-base it cant be taken seriously. It dozen matter how many of the other couple of dozen regular board member use the same sort of math to arrive at their opinions. If the argument doesn’t add up, it’s wrong. No matter how many people want it to be right.

Hmmm. Yeah, b/c I only read this board for news. Dude, you are on a small island of errant opinion. Nobody thinks Garret was a good HC and that is why he is now an OC. You can sling insults at me all day. Facts are on my side as PROVEN by recent events. You got nothing.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmmm. Yeah, b/c I only read this board for news. Dude, you are on a small island of errant opinion. Nobody thinks Garret was a good HC and that is why he is now an OC. You can sling insults at me all day. Facts are on my side as PROVEN by recent events. You got nothing.

Sorry, but you’re just wrong about the perception of Garrett. Because you get stuck on the content generated for and by fans only. If you pay any attention at all to actual performance or to what people who know say, it’s pretty obvious what the situation is. The facts are on my side I this situation. Not yours. We can agree to disagree but it doesn’t change that reality.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry, but you’re just wrong about the perception of Garrett. Because you get stuck on the content generated for and by fans only. If you pay any attention at all to actual performance or to what people who know say, it’s pretty obvious what the situation is. The facts are on my side I this situation. Not yours. We can agree to disagree but it doesn’t change that reality.

If his "actual performance" was any good, he would still be the HC of the Dallas Cowboys. You think Jones wanted to fire his coaching project? I'm not even entertaining the idea of being wrong. The national and local media are in agreement on JG and NOBODY is saying he did a good job in Dallas. In fact, I challenge you to find one national media figure or even local one that support your opinion. The problem here that you have been wrong about JG for so long that you can't see the obvious. .....or simply refuse to.

The truth is that JG was fired for not advancing the team in the playoffs over LONG period of time. You have to go to Marvin Lewis in Cincy to find a coach of similar tenure who was equally as futile in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If his "actual performance" was any good, he would still be the HC of the Dallas Cowboys. You think Jones wanted to fire his coaching project? I'm not even entertaining the idea of being wrong. The national and local media are in agreement on JG and NOBODY is saying he did a good job in Dallas. In fact, I challenge you to find one national media figure or even local one that support your opinion. The problem here that you have been wrong about JG for so long that you can't see the obvious. .....or simply refuse to.

The truth is that JG was fired for not advancing the team in the playoffs over LONG period of time. You have to go to Marvin Lewis in Cincy to find a coach of similar tenure who was equally as futile in the playoffs.

That’s not accurate. If they’d advanced last year he’d have been extended based off of his body of work. We both know it, whether you want to admit it or not. I agree that he shouldn’t have been extended after last season. That’s life in the NFL. But he’s still the experienced available current coach with the best HC winning record. He’s going to get another HC it somewhere.

And he wasn’t fired, by the way, so that’s not “the truth.”

You his organization has issues unrelated to coaching keeping it from advancing further in the playoffs. Maybe that becomes apparent this season with the perception e have a better coach and a good young team. My guess instead is that the fans blame Dak this season. By the end of next season, McCarthy is an idiot puppet and Jerry fooled us all again when he hired him

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s not accurate. If they’d advanced last year he’d have been extended based off of his body of work. We both know it, whether you want to admit it or not. I agree that he shouldn’t have been extended after last season. That’s life in the NFL. But he’s still the experienced available current coach with the best HC winning record. He’s going to get another HC it somewhere.

And he wasn’t fired, by the way, so that’s not “the truth.”

You his organization has issues unrelated to coaching keeping it from advancing further in the playoffs. Maybe that becomes apparent this season with the perception e have a better coach and a good young team. My guess instead is that the fans blame Dak this season. By the end of next season, McCarthy is an idiot puppet and Jerry fooled us all again when he hired him

You gotta be kidding. JG is one of the worst in-game coaches whoever stalked the sideline which is why Jerry pulled the plug on his play calling duties when he should have just fired him after the 3rd 8-8 season in a row......... But, we all know (and by that I mean everyone but you) . the only reason Garret was allowed to coach 9 seasons was b/c of his cozy relationship with Jerry and had nothing to do with merit. And thats why he's an OC after being passed over by such coaching luminaries as Joe Judge and Kevin Stafanski for HC positions. I couldn't be happier he's in NY and latched himself onto that franchise. Maybe you should consider a switch.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You gotta be kidding. JG is one of the worst in-game coaches whoever stalked the sideline which is why Jerry pulled the plug on his play calling duties when he should have just fired him after the 3rd 8-8 season in a row......... But, we all know (and by that I mean everyone but you) . the only reason Garret was allowed to coach 9 seasons was b/c of his cozy relationship with Jerry and had nothing to do with merit. And thats why he's an OC after being passed over by such coaching luminaries as Joe Judge and Kevin Stafanski for HC positions. I couldn't be happier he's in NY and latched himself onto that franchise. Maybe you should consider a switch.

You believe a lot of illogical stuff. Look at his production as OC. He didn’t have his play calling taken away because he wasn’t good at it. He got the HC job in the first place because of his performance as an OC. Playcalling was taken away because, in Jerry’s opinion, he wasn’t able to handle it on game day on top of the other duties of a HC.

You're simply wrong about his production as a HC from 2014 on. The record makes that obvious. And I’m not all that interested in hearing a contorted explanation again about why you want to believe all the good stuff that happened over that time was because of someone else.

Neither does appealing to the mob make you argument any better. People love to point out that I’m one of the few posters left willing to look at this issue rationally, as if I should want to be wrong with the crowd because there’s safety in numbers. Sorry, but that’s not an argument. The guys a good coach. There are other good coaches in the league. His replacement I think is also a pretty good coach. We’ll see what happens. If you’re right, it should be a great year for the Cowboys and we’ll both be happy about that. If I’m right, it’ll be more of the same and you and I can then switch to arguing about how the issue is Dak and not the organization in general. You can tell me how I’m the only one who won’t admit the issue is Dak. It’ll be fun.

Flamma

Reaction score
Can we have a special trolling the nation thread on this topic? Would love to see the Giants fans comments.

Oddly enough when I visited one of their forums, they seemed pretty happy about him. I only saw positive remarks. But then again, he's the OC, not head coach.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Fully expect the giants to be meh again for the 9th time out of the last 11 seasons.