New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers

tyke1doe

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4391511 said:
Giants have the pass rush to give Brady problems like in the first Super Bowl and they have the offense to put up points in a shootout. Plus the game will be played indoors so that favors the Giants offense and their WRs. If the Pats win, it will be because of one heck of a gameplan by Belichick

I agree. The Giants look like a team that can't be stopped. Whether they need to put up points or grind out a win, they know how to pull it off in the end.

Fastphilly

Reaction score
49er fan here...I have a question for you guys..Does the NFL rules state that if a fumble occurs BEFORE the whistle is blown it's a live play. The Bradshaw fumble was clearly a fumble and came out before the whistle was blown. The 49ers got jobbed on that call IMO.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Amazing how similar to 2007 their run is, even OT on the road in the championship game and playing the pats again, hope that's where the similarities end, I can't root for the Gants to win the Super Bowl, I did last time but not again, PLZ not again!

Bluestang

Reaction score
Vince Wilfork was a beast today against the Ravens. He was playing like his bald head was on fire. NE will need to play lights out against the Giants for sure.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan;4391415 said:
Not this game....Eli was average tonight

Uh, no. He played against a great defense, made throws he needed to make and, most importantly, had ZERO turnovers.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Fastphilly;4391546 said:
49er fan here...I have a question for you guys..Does the NFL rules state that if a fumble occurs BEFORE the whistle is blown it's a live play. The Bradshaw fumble was clearly a fumble and came out before the whistle was blown. The 49ers got jobbed on that call IMO.

No, the ball didn't come out until after the whistle was blown. The play was blown dead too early. But it was the correct call. I heard the ref blowing the play dead, then the fumble occurs.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Fastphilly;4391546 said:

in a nut shell...yall got screwed , along with that horseshoe hanging out of the Giants ***.....welcome to our world ....we have to play them 2 times a year so we get to see this crap all the time......yes they have talent , but they are also the luckiest SOB's in sports

jgboys1

Reaction score
yimyammer;4391554 said:
Amazing how similar to 2007 their run is, even OT on the road in the championship game and playing the pats again, hope that's where the similarities end, I can't root for the Gants to win the Super Bowl, I did last time but not again, PLZ not again!
I rooted against the giants back in 2007 and I will do the same in this super bowl. Hopefully this time I will be happy about the outcome.

I doubt it though. I think the giants win this one going away. :(

yimyammer

Reaction score
Fastphilly;4391546 said:

Just saw the replay, ridiculously quick whistle, no only was the whistle too quick but Bradshaws knee never touched the ground, it was on top of the defender when the ball was stripped, friggin refs!

jimmy40

Reaction score
yimyammer;4391604 said:
Just saw the replay, ridiculously quick whistle, no only was the whistle too quick but Bradshaws knee never touched the ground, it was on top of the defender when the ball was stripped, friggin refs!
forward progress was stopped, they were pushing him back, correct call.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
jimmy40;4391608 said:

I agree. There's no question progress was stopped, they blew the whistle and the fumble comes after the whistle is blown.

Tricericon

Reaction score
tyke1doe;4391557 said:
Uh, no. He played against a great defense, made throws he needed to make and, most importantly, had ZERO turnovers.

What? He threw FOUR picks.

The only problem he threw them on only two plays, so each time the two guys he threw it to knocked each other out instead of catching it.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Hey Niners fan, I understand your frustration with the Bradshaw play, but it was the correct call........instead of pointing out that play, If I were you, I would be calling out my PR, for screwing you out of 10 pts and a berth in the SB.

I would also be upset at Goldson for laying the wood to his teammates twice, both hits negating possible interceptions.

Then there was the Eli fumble that the Niners kicked around only to allow the Giants to recover.....that was a huge change in field position and momentum.

You guys had this game, and just like several other teams did, starting with the Dolphins game, you gift wrapped a "W" for the Giants.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;4391653 said:
Hey Niners fan, I understand your frustration with the Bradshaw play, but it was the correct call........instead of pointing out that play, If I were you, I would be calling out my PR, for screwing you out of 10 pts and a berth in the SB.

I would also be upset at Goldson for laying the wood to his teammates twice, both hits negating possible interceptions.

Then there was the Eli fumble that the Niners kicked around only to allow the Giants to recover.....that was a huge change in field position and momentum.Seriously, how did they get this far with Alex Smith?

You guys had this game, and just like several other teams did, starting with the Dolphins game, you gift wrapped a "W" for the Giants.

Yeah, those were some big missed opportunities, but it's hard to fault the SF defense. Special teams and a dreadful passing game did them in.

yimyammer

Reaction score
jimmy40;4391608 said:

tyke1doe;4391613 said:
I agree. There's no question progress was stopped, they blew the whistle and the fumble comes after the whistle is blown.

I dont have it on my DVR and all i saw was one slo-mo replay so you guys could be right, didnt appear that way to me in the one video I saw

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Fat Toad;4391646 said:
What? He threw FOUR picks.

The only problem he threw them on only two plays, so each time the two guys he threw it to knocked each other out instead of catching it.

The above doesn't even make any sense. :confused:

Jay

Reaction score
tyke1doe;4391703 said:
The above doesn't even make any sense. :confused:

He means that Eli had two awful throws but each time you had two 49er defenders go for it at the same time and seemingly prevent each other from making easy interceptions.

crazytown41

Reaction score
Still waiting for Crabtree to make a play in his career. What a bust he's become. Yet he never gets any heat for it.