Newest member of the Ring of Honor?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
T.O. could it be?

Don't laugh.......if he continues to be Mr. Nice guy, team player etc.....wins a couple of Super Bowls.......well you can visualize it now huh? ;)

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1748494 said:
T.O. could it be?

Don't laugh.......if he continues to be Mr. Nice guy, team player etc.....wins a couple of Super Bowls.......well you can visualize it now huh? ;)

I am gonna make a Ring of Honor rule...

no one can be considered for induction to the Cowboys ROH that hasn't played the majority (2/3) of his career with the Dallas Cowboys

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
T.O. could it be?

No way.....there are too many former players that should be up there before Mr. Owens...

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
I love T.O. but hes a hired gun, didnt start here and hasnt played the majority of his career here...I would say no.

joseephuss

Reaction score
TO under his current contract will play 3 years as a Cowboy. I don't think that is enough to warrant induction into the RoH no matter how many receptions, yards and SB victories occur in that time span. Will he be around longer? Will he perform at a high level if he is around longer? I doubt it. I still have a few doubts about him being in Dallas next year. You just never know with this guy.

Wimbo

Reaction score
sure. just after they put Emmitt Smith in the Cardinal's ROH, and Tony Dorsett in the Bronco's ROH.

jk - I know those examples are extreme. But no, I don't think it will happen.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
T.O. could it be?

I would hope a few others go in before anyone even thinks about TO getting in the ring. I will say I would think he would have to play 5 years or more to even be thought of as a member

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
T.O. could it be?

:banghead: With all the true Cowboys that are not in the Ring ..... you want to put a guy who has been on the team a year and a half in?

:banghead:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1748600 said:
NO.

That simple.

Chances are you are right. Deion Sanders was with us for 5 season and I'm not sure he will make it to the ROH

Silverstar

Reaction score
T.O. has no chance of being in the ROH. He's basically clumped with Charles Haley and Deion Sanders and they won't get in either.

Darren Woodson and Larry Allen will probably be next.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Silverstar;1748646 said:
T.O. has no chance of being in the ROH. He's basically clumped with Charles Haley and Deion Sanders and they won't get in either.

Darren Woodson and Larry Allen will probably be next.

I hope to see Woodson and Allen but there are some older Cowboys that still belong in the ROH like Ed Jones

Silverstar

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1748652 said:
I hope to see Woodson and Allen but there are some older Cowboys that still belong in the ROH like Ed Jones

If Ed Jones goes in, then Harvey Martin goes in, then Cliff Harris goes in, then Drew Pearson simply HAS to go in etc.

It's like a domino effect and Jerry knows this...won't happen.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
dcowboysfan76;1748509 said:
No way.....there are too many former players that should be up there before Mr. Owens...

What if the Cowboys win 3 straight SuperBowls with Owens being a big part of each?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Silverstar;1748672 said:
If Ed Jones goes in, then Harvey Martin goes in, then Cliff Harris goes in, then Drew Pearson simply HAS to go in etc.

I think it can happen especially now days when you have so many of the former Cowboys coming in as part of Wade Phillips family atmosphere. During this past camp more former Cowboys were invited than ever before.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Silverstar;1748672 said:

Harris is already in, and Martin should be next. He was more responsible for the championship season in 1977 than any other Cowboy, because he had the best season of any player in the league, and was rightfully named Defensive Player of the Year.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Silverstar;1748672 said:

I don't know. That new stadium is really big. There will be plenty of room on that ring. :)

Plus, tradition is the only thing that the new stadium won't truly have. Maybe adding some additional names would be a wise move.

I'm not talking about T. Owens here; just guys like Ed Jones, Martin, Pearson, etc. Cliff Harris is already in, by the way.

Silverstar

Reaction score
percyhoward;1748681 said:
Harris is already in, and Martin should be next. He was more responsible for the championship season in 1977 than any other Cowboy, because he had the best season of any player in the league, and was rightfully named Defensive Player of the Year.

Yep, I forgot all about Harris going in with Wright in 2004.

I thought it was Hayes, but that was in 2001.