Newman & Hurd Leveling People

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Anyone see Newman sit Kruetz on his rear end after one of the INTs. Was awesome.

And it goes without saying that Hurd blasting the living daylights out of Archuleta was more then awesome.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Yes, I made note of the Newman shoulder that knocked Kreutz flying during the game and forgot to give him a shout out on boards here! Great point!

Our players are having fun, and playing like a team. They are doing those little things that are not easy to see, but make all the diffence in the long run. That's what wears down a team.

Things like Watkings staying with his man tight on the fake field goal try, while the recently cut and resigned Nate Jones is hustline and running down the thrower.

Things like McQuistan running down the blocker field goal return.

Remi stripping the ball. Davis stripping the ball. Hurd making that massive block.

I saw Leonard Davis way down field a few times.

The guys are hustling and into the game!

LarryCanadian

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1665861 said:
Anyone see Newman sit Kruetz on his rear end after one of the INTs. Was awesome.

And it goes without saying that Hurd blasting the living daylights out of Archuleta was more then awesome.

hurd destroyed arch.

i love that catch he made on the next play!!

hurd is going to be a special player for us!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1665861 said:

Archuleta was womanized several times this evening. Marion ran over him too.

pgreptom

Reaction score
Marion Barber took Archuleta's nuts away from him tonight. Barber also embarressed Urlacher, too. Plowed right through the guy twice that I saw.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
I LOVED the block by Hurd. It had me hollering and hooting...

Also, that block by Witten where he was incorrectly called for the penalty was pretty awesome too...

jbsg02

Reaction score
LarryCanadian;1665910 said:
Yes, I made note of the Newman shoulder that knocked Kreutz flying during the game and forgot to give him a shout out on boards here! Great point!

Our players are having fun, and playing like a team. They are doing those little things that are not easy to see, but make all the diffence in the long run. That's what wears down a team.

Things like Watkings staying with his man tight on the fake field goal try, while the recently cut and resigned Nate Jones is hustline and running down the thrower.

Remi stripping the ball. Davis stripping the ball. Hurd making that massive block.

LarryCanadian

I think McQuistan was the one who let the guy through in the first place, so atleast he was taking responsibility for his actions

Race Bannon

Reaction score
I love Newman and his hit on Kreutz, but I believe that the massive lineman was off-balance because Henry had just broken his ankles when Newman popped him. Still fun to watch.:laugh2:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm thinking Hurd should be our #2 WR, at least till Crayton's finger gets straightened out. I was so upset when he dropped that TD... especially since I was expecting it to be a close game.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
LarryCanadian;1665910 said:

LarryCanadian

Great points Larry but the one about us playing like a team and having fun is the best one. They are having a blast out there, not getting down when things don't go their way, and playing with a lot of confidence.

This is what I hated about Parcells and his style of playing-not-to-lose. Guys are more concerned with not making mistakes then they are with just making plays. Romo said in his news conference that when he is concerned with not making mistakes he tends to throw more INTs, but when he just lets the game come to him he makes big plays.

We also didn't see guys doing those little things that they are doing now because they were thinking too much and not playing by instinct enough. It is too distracting to have to worry about making a mistake and hearing the coach bawl you out. Just go out and play! We are seeing our guys do that and it is awesome.

I was really pissed at Patrick "Jackie Smith" Crayton when he dropped that easy TD pass but he was right back out there the next series. Parcells would have banished him to the bench but Wade shows his confidence in his players that mistakes can be overcome by making big plays. Crayton's drop was simply a bonehead play but we were easily able to overcome it later in the game.

It is a mentality that permeates the entire team and we are going to see it continue to grow throughout the season. The guys aren't getting down on themselves as much and they have confidence in the coaches that if things aren't working well then they will change it up. Parcells would continue to call the same plays and blame the players for not executing them properly. Phillips/Garrett will make adjustments to avoid what isn't working and do what is working.

Can't run on them then we will simply pass every time. Wear out their D-Line and LBs by making them run and then later in the game we can try the run again. We did that last night and it worked perfectly.

This is a fun team to watch!

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Gotta agree again, with Parcell's at the helm, I remember being terrified on 3rd and longs (especially since Parcell's was prone to running a draw play and just punting), this year, I actually have faith we'll convert them.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
lane;1665921 said:
hurd destroyed arch.

i love that catch he made on the next play!!

hurd is going to be a special player for us!

I called that one as I was saying that he needed to be rewarded for his big hit. Garrett was thinking the same thing and that goes a long ways towards these guys wanting to make big plays like that. You need the guys to be thinking about doing everything they can on every play, whether they are getting the ball or not.

Flozell needs to step it up though as I saw him standing around a couple of times while the play was going on. I watched one time when Davis was plowing a guy right past Adams as Flo was just standing there. In fact all of the other OLs were pretty active looking for 2nd and 3rd guys to block. If no one was right in front of Flo then he just stood there.

cleverusername

Reaction score
TheCount;1666340 said:
I'm thinking Hurd should be our #2 WR, at least till Crayton's finger gets straightened out. I was so upset when he dropped that TD... especially since I was expecting it to be a close game.

I'm no doc, but if it were me I would loose the stitches, grab some super glue and do the hot water- cold water thing to reduce any swelling, before the game. Having them taped together is part of his problem. I is a mental thing as much as a physical thing.