Newman promises he'll play in the preseason

Nav22

Reaction score
Great news. :starspin He said this on "Lunch Break" on dallascowboys.com.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/multimedia_center.cfm?id=98DC2F7D-01B6-456A-5E98D339D56C70E0

A fan asked if he'd play in the preseason, and he said he will play. He couldn't say which game he will first appear in, but he "promised" the fan that he'd play in preseason.

I'm relieved to hear this from him. If you're like me, you were a little worried that the groin pull would linger into the regular season and hamper him like the plantar fascia tear did last year.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I'm worried that he will try to play. Who cares about preseason, let Pacman and Co. get some reps and take your time seeing the field. The longer he has to rehab the better in my book.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nav22;2178278 said:
Great news. :starspin He said this on "Lunch Break" on dallascowboys.com.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/multimedia_center.cfm?id=98DC2F7D-01B6-456A-5E98D339D56C70E0

A fan asked if he'd play in the preseason, and he said he will play. He couldn't say which game he will first appear in, but he "promised" the fan that he'd play in preseason.

I'm relieved to hear this from him. If you're like me, you were a little worried that the groin pull would linger into the regular season and hamper him like the plantar fascia tear did last year.

I hope if he does play it will be the 3rd game vs Houston and only limited snaps. Newman is not trying to make the team.

Ren

Reaction score
bad move unless he's 100%, why risk it for preseason?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Im going to the Texans game and i'd bet money thats where we see him.

4th game nobody will play.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
CATCH17;2178289 said:
Im going to the Texans game and i'd bet money thats where we see him.

4th game nobody will play.

Why would he promise to play in the preseason? You can make a vow to play in a regular season game or in the playoffs as a testament to your toughness, but to promise to play in the preseason makes no sense, because the games have no importance.

If he wants to promise to be ready for the first regular season game, that makes more sense.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2178328 said:
Why would he promise to play in the preseason? You can make a vow to play in a regular season game or in the playoffs as a testament to your toughness, but to promise to play in the preseason makes no sense, because the games have no importance.

If he wants to promise to be ready for the first regular season game, that makes more sense.
It does when he expects the injury to be fully healed before preseason is over.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2178331 said:
It does when he expects the injury to be fully healed before preseason is over.

But the point is, the preseason is meaningless and so it's not a promise worth making in the first place.

Nav22

Reaction score
But the point is, the preseason is meaningless and so it's not a promise worth making in the first place.
He only did it to appease the fan who asked the question.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2178282 said:
I hope if he does play it will be the 3rd game vs Houston and only limited snaps. Newman is not trying to make the team.
exactly what i was thinking! no need for him to play before that game or even much after that one in the 4th game maybe just a series or 2. the most important thing for him right now is to enter the regular season 100% healthy!

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Nav22;2178358 said:
He only did it to appease the fan who asked the question.

Fair enough. The fan was dumb for asking the question then. :laugh2:

Any normal fan would have asked if he's going to be ready for the start of the regular season. He is obviously unbalanced. :laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2178351 said:

The outcome is meaningless the work has some importance. If Newman is fully recovered I have no issue of him getting some game snaps but I do not want him to rush back and play if he is not ready

speedkilz88

Reaction score
But if his injury is one that should be fully healed before preseason is over, what does it hurt?

superpunk

Reaction score
How dare he?

/outrage

cowboys2233

Reaction score
superpunk;2178369 said:
How dare he?

/outrage

Exactly! :laugh2:

I'm more offended by the fan who asked the pointless question in the first place. "Excuse me, Mr. Terence, are you going to play in a meaningless preseason game? That's really important to me."

Who cares, you little snot-nosed punk?!?! :laugh2:

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2178282 said:

Yeah i hope so 2, thats the game im going 2. :D

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There isn't anyone on this board that really knows how bad the groin tear was-- unless one of you was operating the MRI machine. :)

If Newman thinks he can play, I would greatly assume that he would have been cleared by the powers that be within the organization. No one is going to send him out there to potentially get injured again in the same area.