Newman promises he'll play in the preseason

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Da Hammer;2178360 said:
exactly what i was thinking! no need for him to play before that game or even much after that one in the 4th game maybe just a series or 2. the most important thing for him right now is to enter the regular season 100% healthy!

I agree. I think like any player he wants to test it out against real competition before we hit the season. If he is up to it than a few snaps in the Houston game is fine by me.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Terence Newman on The Lunch Break

What's up with Nick Eatman trying to stir it up with Newman? lol.

Love hearing that TNew wants the defense to be more aggressive this season by playing more 'in your face' press coverage. With all the talent at the CB spots this style combined with a ferocious pass rush with Ware, Ellis and Spencer should provide for some big plays this year.

I also love how he is praising Pacman and making sure he is always pumping him up when he speaks about him.

Of course he should have been in a few Pro Bowls already!!!

Now I don't want to get on TNew, but he has dropped a few interceptions in his day, lol.

Do not come back too soon TNew! But get well and be ready for the season opener in Cleveland.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are we arguing the pros and cons of a player returning to the lineup sooner than expected? Awesome! What side am I on, anybody know?

Gotta love this board.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2178389 said:
Terence Newman on The Lunch Break

What's up with Nick Eatman trying to stir it up with Newman? lol.

Love hearing that TNew wants the defense to be more aggressive this season by playing more 'in your face' press coverage. With all the talent at the CB spots this style combined with a ferocious pass rush with Ware, Ellis and Spencer should provide for some big plays this year.

I also love how he is praising Pacman and making sure he is always pumping him up when he speaks about him.

Of course he should have been in a few Pro Bowls already!!!

Now I don't want to get on TNew, but he has dropped a few interceptions in his day, lol.

Do not come back too soon TNew! But get well and be ready for the season opener in Cleveland.
thanks DC, I figured after Pacman was schooling T.O. Wade told them to take it easy on him.:D

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Idgit;2178450 said:
Are we arguing the pros and cons of a player returning to the lineup sooner than expected? Awesome! What side am I on, anybody know?

Gotta love this board.

Fast healers are the debil!

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Well it went from a few day injury to a 2 week injury to a 3 week injury. Newman is already having intensity workouts in the sideline and could possibly be more than healthy to play. I think we may see him in the last game of the preseason just so he can get things down against another team before the season opener.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Take a seat T-New. We know what you can do. I'm really only a fan of having any starter play maybe one series a game. Personally I would have them only get considerable playing time in the last pre season game.

Reaction score
Well Newman said that he doesn't consider training camp important, so I'm sure he won't rush back on the field...