Newman talks on KTBB

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Newman speaks to Smoaky?
Posted under: Cowboy News by smoaky on July 30th, 2008 12:13 am | Email This | Print This
Apparently, Terence Newman hasn?t spoken with anyone else in the media, mainly because we wasn?t available, but he did stop by and record a lengthy interview with me on Tuesday, and spoke about many topics, including his groin injury.

Smoaky, ?We had this interview lined up 2-3 days ago, and then the little setback with the injury, is it severe, is it going to keep you out a long time and how worried are you??

Newman, ?I?m not worried at all, it?s not that severe of an injury, it?s more right now, being so early you don?t want to rush to get back and then have to deal with something else down the line. A lot of times, one injury can lead to another injury if you do rush back because you?re compensating one way or another, so we?re just taking our time, letting it heal, and trying to get ready towards the end of camp.?

Smoaky, ?You?re now this seasoned veteran-you?re been through the wars, do you really miss much or will this be a conditioning issue??

Newman, ?The biggest thing for me is the conditioning issue, you?re obviously trying to perfect your craft, and when you?re back there backpedaling or pressing a guy, I?m definitely going to miss out on that and conditioning obviously, but as far as study wise, I?m in meetings and chime out stuff even before coach chimes out stuff half the time, so I know he probably gets sick of me back there (in the meetings) adding onto stuff that he says but I think I have a pretty good grasp of the defense right now and that aspect wont? affect me at all.?

Smoaky, ?Is this another sign you can?t have enough talent at every position.?

Newman, ?Definitely, you go through a season, T.O. got hurt last year and I think it hurt us leading into the Washington game, and into the playoff game. You have a guy who is not 100-percent so guys know that and they?re going to try and key on him and try to use that to their advantage, so when you have the depth that we have right now at the cornerback position it definitely helps because everybody going to probably play during the season at one point in time.?

More with Newman during Wednesday?s Sports Talk on AM600 KTBB, ktbb.com, and MYTX-Television.

Smoaky

Frozen700

Reaction score
if he aint worried than i aint worried...

i had a groin injury....n instead on coming out the game i continued to play n it got worst n worst....but it only took like 5-7 days n i was able to run again np

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
there is more to be posted later from newman, so if interested you know where to head too

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
i don't know man Newman is starting too worry me with these injuries. I hope this isn't a trend now were he is now injury prone

juck

Reaction score
94WARE94;2166840 said:
i don't know man Newman is starting too worry me with these injuries. I hope this isn't a trend now were he is now injury prone

My wussy hurts,wahhhh! he is fine but u mr. flyers fan are not.lol.

thewireman

Reaction score
I have noticed a couple of articles where the writer uses the ? symbol all over the article. Is there a reason for that?

juck

Reaction score
thewireman;2166863 said:
I have noticed a couple of articles where the writer uses the ? symbol all over the article. Is there a reason for that?

typo don't ask me how,its thru the copy and paste i think

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
thewireman;2166863 said:

look again. for whatever reason it's converting ' and " into ?.

dunno why.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yes, its copy and paste, thats what i did just copied the interview

newman was on again this afternoon just now, i did post to let you guys know the schedule

tomorrow deion anderson the fullback "cricket" will be on, along with roy williams and some others, so you guys know where to head too or DC or theebs might post the podcast

newman talked (i caught the tailend, was putting on some state inspections) but newman talked about his injury, needing a massage therapist to get the soreness out, because blood and stuff is in there with the injury

he talked how he only likes now to talk to ktbb or sites that only use the full interview, newman went on to say espn and smoaky agreed, that espn tends to take one segment that they want and put that, and they then can make the text a positive or negative,

thats where newman said where he was talking about a player that what he said got taken out of text, which we all know some people do that, thats why i agree with DC that its better to listen to the audio or video and get the whole conversation, but i know some ofyou cant listen to your computer or whatever, so trying to recap for ya

anyway, he also talked about how the offense cowboys offense really gets all of the high glory, paraphrasing here, dont remember exact words, but the defense kinda does the heavy work and the offense gets the big plays, glory etc, big points

next talked about how the refs throw a flag on you if you look the wrong way, or if the wr moves , thats ok but if the offensive linemen moves, then they get a penalty, newman said he couldnt understand that

but on getting flags for just touching or bumping a wr, its hard, because you have to read the backfield, the QB, the play and the wr, just hard when refs throw a flag on you for accidentaly bumping a wr.

talked about his golf game, im not a golf expert, so cant begin to tell you his or what he said his score was, however smoaky said he would get there

talked about newman earning his money this year, and yes he did, but then talked about how he is frugile and doesnt spend his money, question was asked him how some players change, newman said thats not him, but some guys do change and you can tell quickly when they get the big money

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Terence Newman on KTBB.com
--------------------------------------

Interesting stuff about how Jerry has paid out all this money and has yet to see the results.

Newman is putting it on the players now to get it done. I like that he is willing to take that responsibility.